Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

coolinear fails to align sketch line with projected line

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
fsonnichsen
155 Views, 2 Replies

coolinear fails to align sketch line with projected line

It is a little hard to capture this so I am sending a png with the fdm.  I simply want to make the lines on the opened sketch (in blue) colinear with the lines in the projected (grey) object. I click on a line in each item and click on colinear and it raises the "cannot solve" condition. Perhaps I am being presumptuous to assume I can align a sketch with a projected object? 

Before I head for my cosine table I would like to see if there is a "nice" way to do this-

Thanks

Fritz

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
laughingcreek
in reply to: fsonnichsen

I don't think you have the lines projected in in the model you provided-

laughingcreek_0-1647377860039.png

but I guess you mean these-

laughingcreek_1-1647377888432.png

the angle of the projected lines doesn't match the dimensioned angle, so there's so way to make the lines co-linear unless you delete the angle dimension, as in the sketch above

Message 3 of 3
fsonnichsen
in reply to: fsonnichsen

OK--I removed the angle constraints from the upper piece and then collinear worked as you indicated. I have the precision of my dimensions set too low. I increase the precision and found that they deferred from 76 deg by a VERY small amount.  

thanks!

Fritz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report