Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

constraints on flywheel for shape optimization

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
630 Views, 1 Reply

constraints on flywheel for shape optimization

the flywheel I'm working with is symmetrical bilaterally meaning its cylindrical but has two protrusions opposite each other. I have been trying to run a shape optimization on the model but keep ending up with a failure. currently I have an applied angular load of 81206 deg/sec on the entire solid model, the model has a hole in the center with a cylindrical preserve region extending one third past the hole diameter. the constraint I'm using is a ridged body interpolation, I defined a small pyramid extending into the hole and set the reference point at the tip of that pyramid then selected all of the outer faces as the independent variable to try and conserve the outer faces which ultimately is the goal. Since the flywheel is rotating about the z axis I unchecked the Rz box and left Ux, Uy, Uz, Rx, Ry checked or highlighted whatever. I did an absolute mesh size of 4 mm which I think is about right given my model is basically conical with a hole down the center and two protrusions opposite each other on the outside edge with a height of 120 mm and 245 mm diameter. it has about 4 hundred thousand elements.

I was wondering if i am using the wrong constraints I need to preserve the outer faces so I think some constraints are necessary but maybe i'm wrong if you guys have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Andrew

Also the file is just geometry

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MikeSmell_ADSK
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous - 

Can you please post the F3D that has the Simulation setup that is failing? 

Thanks, 

Mike Smell 

Product Manager, Fusion 360

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report