Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Axis while importing from meshmixer to fusion.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1581 Views, 10 Replies

Changing Axis while importing from meshmixer to fusion.

Hi.

I am trying to import stl files created or edited in meshmixer into fusión 360. but when i use the move object i get a different axis in fusión.

How can i use the same axis of movement as in meshmixer.

Here are the pictures of the same solid in both software with their traslation axis.

Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
daniel_lyall
in reply to: Anonymous

In preferences under your name you can change from Y up to Z up, change that see if it helps.

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: daniel_lyall

Hi. Thanks for your fast reply. 

changing z-up didn´t solve the issue. As you can see, the problem is not that the program changes y and z axes. The problem is that it is at 45º of every axis with respect meshmixer.

Thanks again

Message 4 of 11
daniel_lyall

You can move where the move tool sits, meshmixer will be by default Z up or Y up if it's coming in at a 45 degree angle are you sure its squire in meshmixer, when you first bring it into fusion if you position it then its captured where it sits,

Other than that can you do a screencast of the steps you do from meshmixer to fusion. as if it is squire in meshmixer then coming into fusion at a 45 degree angle that's a bug.

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Hi, thank you for your interest.

Here is a streamline of this strange behaviour , as you see bunny doesn´t get affected , but the cilinder does.

This doesn´t happend only with fusion 360. I have used other software before like 123Ddesign; and when i change from one software to the other solids just change axes of movement. so it may be something i am doing wrong. but what???

Thanks again.

Message 6 of 11
daniel_lyall

It's coming how it was set so what you are seeing is correct, if you wont something squire to a plane you have to do it right from the start squire to a plane.

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Is there a way that after moving the object into a specific postion in meshmixer and then exporting it to fusion 360 mantaining the same axes of movement as in meshmixer ???

Thanks

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Ekran Alıntısı meshmixer.PNG

Message 9 of 11
TrippyLighting

Do NOT ask the same question in two different ancient thread.

Please create your own thread and explain what the overall goal of you design is.

In the image you show it looks like you are trying to thicken a .stl body completely beyond reasonable limits.

EESignature

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: TrippyLighting

my aim is to produce ankle foot orthotic (afo) for the human foot but when I enter the parameter values by trying the paths that I watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrgXys3NLY4 in the training videos, I get extremely large shells like the picture. I can not adjust the gap of the medical device I want to make, and when I write 2 mm higher than the standard offset settings for the thickness, it becomes an extremely large object like the picture. rejoice if you share your worthiness with me

Message 11 of 11
TrippyLighting

I'd take this question to the Meshmixer forum.

If your .stl models have the same or even higher density models as shown in that video, which would not be uncommon, you will run against a hard stop using that in Fusion 360.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report