Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changer items présent dans body sur un autre plan

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
phdenis40
384 Views, 7 Replies

Changer items présent dans body sur un autre plan

Hello,

I'm a newbie on the Fusion 360 software and I have done a mistake during the design phase of the my sketch.

By mistake, I selected the above view instead of the Front view.

And now, the drawing I've done is on the right view.

How is it possible to move several items from a view to another one?

For sake of clarity, I attached the file if my explanation is not enough clear.

By advance, thanks for your help.

phdenis40

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bonjour,

Je suis débutant sur le logiciel Fusion 360 et j'ai fait une erreur lors de la phase de conception de mon "esquisse".

Par erreur, j'ai sélectionné la vue de dessus à la place de la vue "Avant".

Du coup, la représentation que j'ai faite n'est pas sur la bonne vue.

Comment est-il possible de déplacer plusieurs pièces d'une vue à l'autre ?

Pour info, j'ai attaché le fichier si ma description n'est pas assez claire.

Merci pour votre aide.

phdenis40

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jhackney1972
in reply to: phdenis40

You say you are new to using Fusion 360 and you are off to a horrible start with all the Move functions in your timeline.  I took the opportunity to record a video of one way of modeling your requirement on the X-Z plane to show you a much more efficient method of work.  Please compare the timeline of my model to yours and see the difference.  Also I noticed you are going into Direct Modeling numerous times in your model.  There is no need to do this, stay in the Capture Design environment.  If by chance I did not interpret your request for the correct plane, let me know and I can correct it easily with my model.  The model I used in the video is attached.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 8
phdenis40
in reply to: jhackney1972

Hi,

First of all, a big thank you for your video which gives me a lot of information.

I followed your video step by step and try to recreate the same thing.

I have almost succeeded but I'm facing an issue with the spacing of each "slot frame".

I want a spacing of 80 mm but when doing an inspect, the spacing is not correct.

At the beginning, I thought I can fix it by moving each body one by one, but I'm quite sure there is a more elegant way to do it?

Another thing, is it possible to let the quotings of each piece visible ?

PS: Don't know it the term "quotings" is the correct one, I mean the measure.

Thanks for your time and your help.

PS: I've attached, the new file and the timeline is very more simple and more efficient also.

phdenis40

Message 4 of 8
jhackney1972

You missed a small setting in the Pattern Dialog box in the video.  Go back and take a look at the setting for the marked fields.  I notice in this model you are only calling out 13 in the pattern, in the earlier model it was 14 I am sure.

Rectangular Pattern.jpg

As far as showing dimensions, you can Show Dimensions in a sketch.  The sketch must also be visible to see them.  Why did you make your first sketch so long, overlapping the origin?

Show Dimensions.jpg

Updated model is attached.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 5 of 8
phdenis40

Hello,
Thanks again for your help.
I have more or less finished my frame for my heat pumps. I need to verify the quotings and review it.
Is it possible to make an animation of the assembly of the different panels in order to see if it's correct or not?

Many thanks for your help.

phdenis40

Message 6 of 8
jhackney1972

I am not sure what you mean by animation?  You mentioned the other day that "quotings" were the same thing as dimensions.  Explain in detail what you need to do.  My guess, and it is a big one, is to drag the timeline marker back along the timeline and review each step.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 7 of 8
phdenis40

Hello,

Sorry, as you have guessed English is not my mother tongue. I’m a French guy.

For the animation topic, I was looking for a small video which allows to highlight the assembly of the panels. 
I’ve found a tutoriel on the net about it: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1nSr0jijsDo

After having checking the spacing between the different body, I’ve seen a mistake the spacing is not correct. Is there a way to move or align two body which are perpendicular at a specific space ?

Thanks for your help and your time.

phdenis40 

Message 8 of 8
jhackney1972

I believe the answer to your first question is: You will need a video capture application that you can use to record the building of your model.  Your model does not have any animation so I would assume you are trying to document the step by step process of creating it.  There are many applications you can purchase, Camtasia is one of the nicer ones.  Windows 11 has a built-in one called ClipChamp.  There are also some limited free ones on the internet such as Techsmith Capture.

At to your second question, you use a lot of unnecessary Move commands.  You model bodies, out of place, and then you move them into their proper position.  What you should be using are Components and then use the Joint command to position them, not Move.  In your model, you can right click on any pattern, in the timeline, and edit it to change the spacing.  You can also right click on any Move and edit the value you moved the bodies.

Edit Move Dialog.jpgEdit Move.jpg

John Hackney
Retired

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report