Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change drawing page orientation after creation?

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Muzzerboy
14018 Views, 13 Replies

Change drawing page orientation after creation?

I've created a 2D drawing from a part in portrait view but it's now clear I should have chosen landscape orientation. I can't see any way to change the orientation without starting again. Perhaps I'm missing something?

If this isn't available, could I suggest it as an enhancement? It needs to happen at some point.

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
andrew.de.leon
in reply to: Muzzerboy

Hi Muzzerboy,

Without seeing your drawing, it sounds like you're using either an A4 or A sheet size. If that's correct, you can change the sheet orientation from portrait to landscape in the Sheet Settings menu. The Sheet Settings menu is at the bottom of the screen in the document settings bar; next to the navigation bar (the pan and zoom buttons).

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Andrew

Andrew de Leon
Experience Designer - Fusion 360

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019), OSX 10.15.7, in Sydney, Australia
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: andrew.de.leon

Thanks, I was looking for that answer too.

The Sheet Settings menu at the bottom had choices for 8.5x11 and 11x8.5, just what I needed.
Message 4 of 14

Hi, did this recently change since this was answered a few years back? I can find the option to change the drawing sheet size from A to E, but not portrait or landscape orientation. Thank you.

Message 5 of 14

The ability to change from Landscape to Portrait is still there but only for A-Size in ANSi and A4-Size in ISO drawing templates.  ANSI template is demo below.

A-Size Change.gif

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 6 of 14
sqamar.me42ceme

I want the A4 sheet in landscape orientation rather than portrait...how can i do that?

Message 7 of 14

Go the Sheet Settings in the Browser and edit the Sheet Size, there you will find the A4 Landscape. This is a repeat of Message 4.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 8 of 14
PatrickRoth

good grief, how much is it to ask for a separate toggle for orientation? no way at all ever to create a drawing of any size other than A or A4 in portrait orientation?

second only to size, orientation is the most basic sheet parameter. y'all should be ashamed of this.

Message 9 of 14
jhackney1972
in reply to: PatrickRoth

It is an easy process to change the orientation of the drawing sheet or to change the sheet size entirely after the drawing views are set.  The Screencast will show you how.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 10 of 14
PatrickRoth
in reply to: jhackney1972

thank you for your time. sadly, this only works for two specific sizes. size A and size A4, does it not?

if you could demonstrate an 11x17 (size B) portrait sheet, or any size other than A or A4, that would be something else.

Message 11 of 14
jhackney1972

I mentioned in my last post the process works for any sheet size change.  I am surprised you did not try it yourself.  Screencast will prove it is possible.

If my Forum post solved your question, please select the "Accept Solution" icon to do three things. First it allows others to find a solution to a similar question, two, it closes the Forum post and last, it acknowledges that you accept the solution given. If you need further help, please ask.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 12 of 14
PatrickRoth
in reply to: jhackney1972

respectfully, i most certainly have been trying to resolve this for the last hour. i mentioned in my last post:

"if you could demonstrate an 11x17 (size B) portrait sheet, or any size other than A or A4, that would be something else."

am sorry i can't screen cast my response to demonstrate more clearly what i mean. hoping to be proven wrong, thanks again for your time.

Message 13 of 14
jhackney1972

A B-Size Portrait is not a standard ASME sheet format therefore it is not available.  I have demonstrated you can use an "standard" sheet format as per your request.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 14 of 14
PatrickRoth

nonsense. how much of fusion drawing rigidly adheres to any standard? why should it be set in stone for sheet setup?

we want a sheet that's 10x50in. reasons are irrelevant. what now? not using fusion, with its needless lack of options.

edit sheet dialog.png   edit sheet dialog.png

but i digress.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report