Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canvas Will Export out as STL

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
874 Views, 3 Replies

Canvas Will Export out as STL

I just want to make you aware of this if you aren't already:

I Don't think you would ever really need to export the Canvas as an STL plane. I was exporting out of Fusion using the Make function in the toolbar and I kept getting a single triangulated plane in my Simplify3D program for prototyping. When I turned off the Canvas, it stopped exporting this plane. This might confuse people some frustration in the future if they can't figure out why a plane is showing up in the middle of their geometry and they can't get it to lay down flat on their printing platform. You don't even have to choose the Canvas. It will export regardless of which body you choose to export.

I'm exporting okay otherwise.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Willa1980
in reply to: Anonymous

I have the same issue, and I need to delete the canvas' in order to stop the strange planes from exporting. Took me quite a while to figure out where the strange planes in the stl originated from. Please fix this.

Message 3 of 4
davebYYPCU
in reply to: Anonymous

Has been noticed and reported in other threads, 

Can you attach the file here for @Phil.E to assess with the others....

Message 4 of 4
Phil.E
in reply to: davebYYPCU

@davebYYPCU No worries. We have figured it out and are working to get this into a near term update. Thanks for all your help and for everyone reporting it.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and for not updating these threads quicker.

Regards,

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report