Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant extrude cut a simple proile into body.

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
caseymulder911
651 Views, 7 Replies

Cant extrude cut a simple proile into body.

I have a body, which I have thickened (using thicken command 2mm). I am simply trying to extruce cut a profile onto it to clear out the bottom of the model that I dont need. It is acting like it doesnt recognize that it is a body eligable to be cut.  I know Ive done this successfully several times before, but today it doesnt work. Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

One idea: Please attach your project and / or a screencast.

Message 3 of 8

Hmmm. I included the screencast URL in the posting. Have to go back and see why it didn’t include.
Message 4 of 8

You have to insert the screencast before you post your content.

Message 5 of 8
Message 6 of 8
davebYYPCU
in reply to: caseymulder911

Extrude cut needs body type of surface or solid, you don't have either.

if you thicken the Tspline, you can cut it, with the spline in Split body, or extrude cut the profile.

Might help....

Message 7 of 8

Being in DM mode, you have to convert the tpline to a Brep body before doing modeling type edits to it.  The convert command is in the utilities menu.

Message 8 of 8

Thanks Laughingcreek.... That was it, converted to Brep and it worked. I'm still learning all the purposes of all the different bodies, solids, mesh, etc.......

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report