Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set appearance?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mail8YLTP
263 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot set appearance?

I am using the hobbyist version and have imported an external stl file. I changed the appearance to brass but it won't change from pink. If I select the Physical Material on the popup menu it changes to brass but changes back to pink when I close the materials dialogue. It renders OK but I would like it to be brass coloured when I drop it into one of my 3D drawings. Any ideas? 

mail8YLTP_0-1678317902833.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jhackney1972
in reply to: mail8YLTP

I think it is due to your Default Material being present in the model.  Video will explain.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 6
mail8YLTP
in reply to: jhackney1972

Thanks for your quick response John. Yep I see what you say and did check that as my default material is Aluminium... for some weird reason this file just would maintain the new material and always reverts back to pink. Interestingly I managed to get the same set of files in STEP format and they work perfectly. I have attached an example so you can try it.

Message 4 of 6
jhackney1972

The STL file appearance change works OK for me as you can see in the video.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 5 of 6
mail8YLTP
in reply to: jhackney1972

That's weird, doesn't for me. STEP does. I will try it on another machine... Are you running Windows 11?

Message 6 of 6
jhackney1972

No, Window 10 Pro.

John Hackney
Retired

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report