Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you import a materials package?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
4317 Views, 5 Replies

Can you import a materials package?

Hello, 

I downloaded a material I would like to use on my model and I was wondering if it was possible to import it into Fusion. 

It's a mesh material and I tried creating a new material using a jpeg but it doesn't look as good. 

The file is a mat.pack

Thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
huszak.marcell
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there!

Actually, I don't think that is possible right now 😕 

But I hope someone smarter than me will come, because I am interested in this problem too.

Student Expert
Student In Industrial Design Engineering
Message 3 of 6
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Anonymous

No, and what you are trying to do cannot really be done the correct way in Fusion 360 anyway.

Here's why:

A custom material/appearances for rendering purposes only can be created in Fusion 360. However, given the way you asked your question and referred to a "material pack" of unknown nature I believe you currently don't have the experience to do this. Here is a link to a blog post explaining how to create custom appearance materials in Fusion 360  and below is a quick tip on appearance materials:

However, for curved objects such as the armor plate this might still not work as the textures/materials you want to apply might need to be properly UV mapped onto the geometry and that cannot be done in Fusiosn 360.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: TrippyLighting

I think the question was "can I import a material into Fusion?" as in, can I import a jpeg of, say Silestone Lyra, and apply it to the render? This was easy to do in Showcase and even AutoCAD, but I've not come across a way to do it in Fusion.

Message 5 of 6

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: lichtzeichenanlage

Here is what I was looking for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9AS5rQhtPo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report