Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't cut Sheet Metal

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ehcanea
1186 Views, 7 Replies

Can't cut Sheet Metal

Hello guys, after receiving your help I managed to get half way to the design i wanted. Unfortunately I encountered a different problem. I managed to create the object with the pattern I want, unfortunately I can't modify the object at all. I am trying to cut the top and bottom parts on the inside to fit each other like a box. But every time I try to cut a small part on the inner part using the extrude command I get an error message: "Error: inconsistent information in vertex and coedge attributes" .

P.S. here is the link to my previous post: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-design-validate/bended-pattern-is-it-possible-and-how/m-p/...

Any idea or advice?Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 8.42.33 AM.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TrippyLighting
in reply to: ehcanea

Can you share you model ?

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
ehcanea
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Here it is: https://a360.co/2pXOxUN

Thank you for taking your time. I am trying to cut out from the sheet metal thickness.

Message 4 of 8
ehcanea
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Any news?

Message 5 of 8
jeff_strater
in reply to: ehcanea

@ehcanea,

I am looking into this.  It looks like the folded part contains some geometry errors that we need to investigate.  Is your goal with this cut to just thin the interior?  There may be other ways to accomplish this.

Jeff

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 6 of 8
jeff_strater
in reply to: jeff_strater

It turns out that the geometry errors are caused by the coincident faces produced after the extrude after the unfold:

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 6.33.50 PM.png

This extrude causes the faces to coincide on the refold.  This is not handled well by Fusion today.  If you edit that Extrude so that there is a gap after the refold, the Extrude cut will work:

Alternately, if you want a fully closed result, then I would recommend modeling just half of the form, and then mirroring it.  That will remove this coincident geometry as well.

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 7 of 8
ehcanea

Thank you for your help, it is very helpfull.

Message 8 of 8
mavigogun

This is a great example of Fusion generating an error message- "inconsistent information in vertex and coedge attributes" -but no solution.   Naturally, users want to know exactly how they contribute to an error that leads to dysfunction or a need to rebuild.   In my case, yesterday, I confronted this error by performing a series of cuts rather than just one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report