Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG? Can't Move files and folders up in the Fusion Tree in Browser

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
1443 Views, 11 Replies

BUG? Can't Move files and folders up in the Fusion Tree in Browser

Today - 4th April 2020 I tried to move some folders around using the Fusion 360 Browswer file viewer.

When you select move, you can only see the folder level that you are at and not up the tree so you can't move things up to a higher folder level. This also happened a few days ago. I am now stuck with not being able to rearrange folders as you can't seem to move folders from within Fusion these days.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
HughesTooling
in reply to: Anonymous

What I see is all folders at the top level in the project, so you need to select the folder your subfolder are in then the subfolders from there. Not the best solution but you should be able to at least move the designs for now.

Below the file I'm trying to move is in a subfolder of Boundary fill test, if I double click the "Boundary fill test" folder I'm taken to that level then can select its subfolders.

image.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 12

Thanks for posting. 

If I understood the problem correctly, that you are trying to move the file from "test level" folder to "Boundary fill test", if so when you click on the move button you should be able to see the list of folders.  Instead of double-tap, do single tap on the folder and then click move do not double-tap as it goes inside the folder. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks,

sasi

Sasikanth Kollipara 
 Sr. Quality Engineer in Fusion
Autodesk
LinkedIn
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: HughesTooling

Hi Mark

Thanks for the reply, but I think we are talking about different things.

The move you seem to be making is within the Fusion 360 Program - but in the Fusion 360 program I can't work out how to move folders so need to move to the Fusion Browser by clicking on this button.

To Frusion Browser Link.png

It is in the Browser file manager I am having the issue moving.

Please see the video

Julian

Message 5 of 12
HughesTooling

Think I came across this problem myself yesterday. What I found is you need to click on the triangles but the hotspot you need to hit is quite small, you need to hit the very centre of the triangle.

image.png

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 12

i hope this problem is solved, please let us know if this can be closed. 

Regards,

Sasi

Sasikanth Kollipara 
 Sr. Quality Engineer in Fusion
Autodesk
LinkedIn
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Hi Mark

Hmm - that isn't the issue. I know what the triangles do - but they only take you down the tree not up it.

What I want to do is go to the next level up.

Perhaps to see if you have the same issue can you open the folder "Boundary Fill Test " in Fusion 360 then click through to the the Fusion File Web Browser and see if you can get back up to TEMP.

Thanks 

Julian

Message 8 of 12
HughesTooling

OK think I see it now. @jeff_strater  Not sure who to tag for this. Below you can see I'm in folder TestLevel but when I try to move or copy there's no way to get back to the top containing project Temp to copy to any of its other folders. I can go up one level to Boundary fill test but that's it.

image.png

Thanks Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

That's the one Mark - given you can replicate it - it looks like a BUG that needs fixing.

Message 10 of 12
GRSnyder

@HughesTooling, how are you able to move folders at all? Right-clicking on a folder gives me only the options Rename, Delete, and Add to Offline Cache.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

Just tried this again today and seems to work so I think this is resolved now - Thanks Fusion Team

Message 12 of 12
mrholden

Not a great solution, but open up fusion in a web browser and do all the file moving there. The bug was not on the browser but was on my local application. My local files updated to reflect the changes I made on the web almost immediately. 

I know the post is old so this is mostly for my own future reference haha. Hope it helps someone. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report