Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best joints to locate parametrically driven shaft in v block?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
rochester_rabbit
168 Views, 8 Replies

best joints to locate parametrically driven shaft in v block?

I am stumped how to position a shaft in a vee block.  The shaft dia and length are parameters and I would like to be able to have the amount the shaft sticks out one end of the v block a parameter as well.  In my mind tangent relationship would be perfect, but fusion doesn't like using 2.  

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Sketch (in Vee Block) the relationship required.

Joint shaft to the radius line end point in the vee block.

Might help….

Message 3 of 9

You shaft can be placed in the V-Block and hang over can be controlled with three Planar Joints.  The Rod to V-Block Planar joints use Joint Origins applied to the shaft.  The retaining screw will be a different matter.  Model is attached.

Three Parameters.jpg

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 4 of 9

Another method is to use one Planar Joint, for the rod to V-Block hangover, and two Tangent Relationships between the rod and the V-Block sides.  Model is attached.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 5 of 9

I get this error when I do two tangent relationships

rochester_rabbit_0-1720617856129.png

Message 6 of 9

This works. I am having a time trying to get the joint origins to orient, but I get the idea.

Message 7 of 9

I was able to get this to work too. parameters in both parts

image.png

Message 8 of 9

The message box that you show is NOT an error but a statement to you to consider.  If you agree select Continue to place your Tangent Relationship or Joint.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 9 of 9

OK.  I was concerned because if I clicked on the shaft and dragged it I got this.  Makes me concerned that tangent is not reliable.

image.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report