Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basically Broken: Move Controls Unteathered to View

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mavigogun
476 Views, 3 Replies

Basically Broken: Move Controls Unteathered to View

So, you want to make fine adjustment to a part?    You're zoomed in, right?    Select  the Body/Sketch Element/Feature/Component/Whatever, invoke the Move command, and---

Where are the OSD handles?    What?   The controls for the command aren't on screen?    You have to zoom out to get the controls on screen?   Really?   That can't be right- it sounds absurd, right?   Like a brain surgeon looking through a scope to locate an tumor- but then being required to push the scope aside to make the cut.

Bad design or bug, this needs be fixed ASAP.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TrippyLighting
in reply to: mavigogun

The handles show up where the origin of the part is, unless you change the pivot point.

Depending on the design that can be in a very inconvenient location.

In genreal I find the on-screen controls are somewhat coarse e.g. spline handles, move command etc.

Blender has a hot key that divides mouse movements by factor 10 allowing you to fine tune things. It's really very nice to work with.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
deses12

Message 4 of 4
chrisplyler

That IS annoying.

However:

1. I only move sketch elements by mouse dragging (if not yet constrained), or dimension edits, or adding/deleting constraints.

2. I don't move bodies.

3. I don't move components, except occasionally for better visibility which is a course move, before I start the Joint tool, after which I delete the move anyway.

4. I occasionally move features, along the timeline, which of course isn't something that requires the move tool in the model space.

Basically, the Move tool is annoying and almost useless, and in fact can cause a lot of trouble. Stay away from it, generally. The only thing it's good for is editing forms, in which case you don't actually have to invoke the tool anyway.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report