Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

move handles/manipulators

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
dieselguy65
2407 Views, 5 Replies

move handles/manipulators

i have tried unsuccesfully to search this. but cant figure out the right terms

what i need to do is, when i import an SVG to my project, the SVG itself is way off the working area, but the arrow/move/rotate thing used to move the SVG is so far away from the object it is moving i have to zoom way out to see both.

then move it where i think it should be, zoom in, check, etcetc.

i know i seen someone move that manipulator thing closer or to a new spot in relation to the object you are moving.

i jyst cant figure it out.

and i cant find the correct term for what it is.

thanks, brian

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Oceanconcepts
in reply to: dieselguy65

Do you see a Set Pivot option in the move command dialog? That would be where you change the position of the manipulator.

Fusion 360ScreenSnapz050.png

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Message 3 of 6
dieselguy65
in reply to: Oceanconcepts

that set pivot option is not there.

Message 4 of 6
Oceanconcepts

Right, the Set Pivot option for a sketch only appears if you are in direct modeling mode, where moving sketches is possible. The location of the manipulator seems to be determined by the original file.  I've asked for years about a way to re-associate a new origin with an imported object, and so far as I know it's not possible. If anyone has a way to do this I'd be interested as well. 

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Message 5 of 6
dieselguy65
in reply to: Oceanconcepts

right. i think.

moving the sketch isnt a problem. its those manipulator handles are so far away from it.

i cant believe this hasnt been fixed by now. 

i seen the move pivot when i was trying some things, when moving a component or body, i never did see it when moving asketch.

thank you, i realize it wasnt me missing something, its the software missing a feature.

Message 6 of 6
mitch.brink2

Has there ever been a solution to this? It's driving me nuts. I do a lot of SVG imports.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report