Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aligning Sketch Objects

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Arkend
215 Views, 2 Replies

Aligning Sketch Objects

This seems very basic but so far every video and piece of documentation and post I have read fails to answer the question:  can you align sketch objects when working on them in 2D mode?

This seems like a very basic capability that should exist somewhere, but so far I have not found it.  I simply want to be able to draw two rectangles, one larger than the other.  Nest the smaller one inside the larger one and align the midpoint of the smaller rectangle's left side with the midpoint of the inside of the larger rectangle's left side.

When I do this manually I am having to zoom-in to microscopic levels to try and align things or set up some convoluted framing with other shapes.  Even a way to plot the X,Y,Z coordinates to align identifiable vertices would be welcome.  So far using constraints just breaks things.  I have ended up trashing several components now because of some unseen constraint issues making them impossible to manipulate.

You would think some of the intuitive functions from apps like Blender, Illustrator, Substance 3D, Altium, etc would be available in Fusion.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Arkend

@Arkend wrote:

This seems very basic ...

It is indeed basic. Almost all parametric solid modeling software use sketch constraints for this.

@Arkend wrote:

You would think some of the intuitive functions from apps like Blender, Illustrator, Substance 3D, Altium, etc would be available in Fusion.

Those aren't parametric solid modeling software 😉

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Arkend

This is trivially easy to do.

Horizontal Shift midpoint midpoint.

Vertical (same command) Shift midpoint midpoint.

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

No zooming of view.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report