Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AcCoreConsole (?) crash

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
tomae
1968 Views, 10 Replies

AcCoreConsole (?) crash

I have had Fusion 360 hang several times this morning while working on the same drawing.  Normally I send the crash report (or not), relaunch and move on.  This time however I notice my system was continuing to run it's fan.  When I look at Activity Monitor (MacOS 10.12.3) I see AcCoreConsole sucking up CPU and "Not Responding". 

Force quitting those processes through the Activity Monitor did the trick.

-Tom

PS:  I should also add that after each crash (probably related to this same issue) I have had no recovery file saved - which is always a bonus ;-(

PPS:  This is happening every time I go to add dimensions to my drawing.  Screencast attached.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
kris_berg
in reply to: tomae

Hi @tomae,

I am sorry this is happening.  I can see from your CERs (crash error reports) this is happening frequently today.  Can you share your drawing with me?  To share your drawing right click on the drawing in the data panel and select "Share Public Link".  Please be sure to select "Allow item to be downloaded".  Send the link generated to me at kris.berg@autodesk.com. On the AcCoreConsole processes, there should be one running per open drawing.  If Fusion 360 is not running, you should not have these processes running.  If there is, you should force quit the process. It is an issue we have tried to address, but it looks like it is still a problem.

Thank you,

Kris Berg
Senior Software Architect - Autodesk
Message 3 of 11
kris_berg

Hi @tomae,

I am able to reproduce your issue using your drawing.  If I had to guess at this point, it may be related to the modeled thread geometry causing an issue.  I will let you know when we have more information.  Thank you for sharing your drawing.

Kris Berg
Message 4 of 11
tomae
in reply to: kris_berg

Ok, thanks.  It has happened several times since.  I am now saving nearly every time I make a change to avoid losing work.  I also had it happen today with another drawing I have (that also has modeled threads in it) FWIW

-Tom

Message 5 of 11
kris_berg

Hi @tomae,

We are working on the issue.  The issue is related to moving the cursor over modeled threads in the dimension command.  In your video, around the 1:01 minute mark you can see your cursor pass over the modeled threads.  We are working on fixing it, but as a workaround, for now, can you either avoid moving your cursor over the modeled threads while in the dimension command or zoom in so that the thread geometry is not as dense?  Again this isn't meant as a long term solution, just a workaround until we can get the issue addressed. 

Thank you,

Kris Berg
Message 6 of 11
kris_berg

Hi @tomae,

We have a fix available to our .com users for this issue.  We are still working on getting the same version approved on the Mac App Store.  Please be sure to update to the latest Fusion 360 (it should happen automatically) and give it a try.  Thank you for reporting this issue and especially including the screencast.  It really helped us reproduce the issue.

Thank you,

Kris Berg
Message 7 of 11
tomae

I used Fusion 360 for a while this morning after the update and did not see the issue.  I hadn't realized how much my fan was actually running until this morning when there was a distinct lack of fan noise.  Looks like it may be fixed. Thanks!

-Tom

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Hello

I noticed this problem with my computer today also. There were two of these running and my Fusion crashed multiple times today with a drawing I was trying to create.

Message 9 of 11
Cougarnaut
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I encounter the same problem. "AcCoreConsole (Not working)" several times in the activity monitor after working with drawings. No crash but the fan starts working and stops only when all processes are stopped. macOS 10.15.5

Regards

Dirk

Message 10 of 11
kris_berg
in reply to: Cougarnaut

Hi @Cougarnaut and @Anonymous  - Thank you for reporting this.  Let me know if you have a reproducible workflow where this occurs and we will look into it. 

Thanks,

Kris Berg
Message 11 of 11
Cougarnaut

Hi Kris,

I had a closer look today having the activity monitor on a second display. Several drawings open and working on them did not trigger the problem. The "AcCoreConsole (Not Responding)" appeared after closing some drawings. The drawings itself are ok, properly saved and no problem reopening them. The last task before closing was always a PDF output.

I will continue to monitor the issue.

Regards

Dirk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report