Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D print thickness

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lee.jonesFSVS6
494 Views, 2 Replies

3D print thickness

Hello all,

I am learning F360 as a means tobring my student's models to life with a 3D printer.  Sometimes, when we make a model everything will look great on F360, but when I import the design into MeshMixer or my 3D printer software (Zortrax Z-Suite) it shows areas that are too thin to print, so it just treats them as blank spaces.  Here is an example of a model that has this problem: https://a360.co/2LF0rLT, specifically, the lamp shade (Body1).  To create the .stl, I have been right clicking on the body and selecting save as .stl.  I have not changed any of the default settings on .stl conversion.

I have attached images of the default settings and the thickness analysis from MeshMixer that shows the holes.  I have also attached the .stl 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
etfrench
in reply to: lee.jonesFSVS6

I'm not seeing any problem with either a new stl generated on my machine or the stl in your post.  They both slice with no issues in Slic3r.

p.s. Slic3r reports both are manifold.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: lee.jonesFSVS6

An interesting program, I'll try to use it for 3d modeling and continuous carbon fiber 3D printing at work. Several of these printers were recently delivered to us, impressive devices I have to say. Maybe I'll find the same issue as you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report