Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter input dialog

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
terryHCEB7
486 Views, 3 Replies

Parameter input dialog

In Inventor, when you create parameters under the function/parameter settings, you can also create a secondary dialog box with parameters you specify that pops up, and you can input different values to update the design in real time on the canvas.

Is there anything like this available? How difficult would this be to implement?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BrianEkins
in reply to: terryHCEB7

Nothing like this currently exists in Fusion but it wouldn't be difficult to create one using the API.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com
Message 3 of 4
terryHCEB7

Would there be someone out there in Fusion land that would be able and willing to create a script that generates a popup dialog that is populated by parameters values defined by the user?

Similar to an iLOGIC form in Inventor, I realize that Fusion is lacking iLOGIC but if it could reference the parameter table?  Not sure if I have explained it clearly enough?

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neQcTROaNDQ

Message 4 of 4
owendelong

I'd settle for a simple example of how to create such a dialog for gathering user parameters at the beginning of a script at this point.

The one and only example I've found so far is related to commandInput and seems to be targeted at a long-running dialog that interacts with the active design in real time (as an add-in). Since I'm building a design generator, I'd rather do it in a script and just have the dialog gather one set of inputs, then proceed with the script when the user clicks "Go".

Any help or pointers appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report