Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New add-ins for Windows: Toolbar & Shortcuts Editor and Extra Shortcuts

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
axalea_thomas
2312 Views, 18 Replies

New add-ins for Windows: Toolbar & Shortcuts Editor and Extra Shortcuts

I'm developing two add-ins for Fusion 360 on Windows. First and foremost Toolbar & Shortcuts Editor (TSE), which is complemented by Extra Shortcuts (ES).

TLDR: Download here: https://apps.autodesk.com/en/Publisher/PublisherHomepage?ID=QF2AP7A29Y9C

I would like to have some feedback. Especially information on any assigned keyboard shortcuts getting reset. (Please include command, assigned shortcut and when it was reset.)

Although the Toolbar & Shortcuts Editor lists a lot of commands, not all of them can be executed. Please try the commands you intend to use. The Extra Shortcuts add-in is a remedy for this problem, where it reimplements common commands and allows them to be executed.

Toolbar & Shortcuts Editor features

• Add commands to any toolbar panel/menu.
  • Favorites panel, that is available on every tab. One for each workspace.
  • Assign keyboard shortcuts for many commands*.
  • See keyboard shortcut assignments (experimental).
  • Easily pin and unpin commands on panels.
  • Forced shortcuts: Assign keyboard shortcuts to any keyboard key and override unchangeable Fusion 360™ keyboard shortcuts (experimental).
  • Beta v0.0.6: Forced shortcuts: Assign mouse buttons (combined with ctrl, alt, shift) as shortcuts. (Buttons: Left, middle, right, back, forward). (experimental)

* Some existing shortcut keys revert when Fusion 360 is restarted. Not all commands work with shortcut keys.

NOTE: Some commands, although listed, are not meant to be executed directly. They might not do anything or, in the worst case, crash Fusion 360 when they are run.

Trial limitations:
- Only one added menu item will be saved
- Edit 3 keyboard shortcuts per start

- Forced keyboard shortcuts will not be saved

If you find any useful commands, please share them in the comments!
Are the keyboard shortcuts forgotten after restarting the add-in or Fusion 360? Please comment with what you did and what commands you used!
Try restarting Fusion 360 and see if the shortcut is restored.

Extra Shortcuts features
* Provides copies of common Fusion 360 commands, that normally can't have a keyboard shortcut assigned to them.

This add-in complements Toolbar & Shortcuts Editor, so it does not include commands that are already possible to assign shortcuts to and run correctly.

Trial limitations:
- Starts showing a nagging dialog after running 15 commands. The count is reset when Fusion is restarted.

Some popular commands to assign keyboard shortcuts to

Provided by Extra Shortcuts
-----------------
Look At in Sketch mode and Design mode
View top, right, etc (Orthographic views)
Rotate model
View Perspective, Orthogonal
Go Home ("Home view")
Selection Filters: Select All

Show/Hide Layout Grid
Toggle Snap to Grid
Toggle Incremental Move

Move Timeline forwards/backwards
Switch to different workspace

Activate Selected (activates the selected component or the component to which the selected entity belongs)
Activate Root Component

Show/Hide User Work Planes

Already available in Fusion and easily accessible using Toolbar & Shortcuts Editor:
-----------------
Paste New - FusionPasteNewCommand (A component must be selected)
Isolate, isolate all & unisolate - IsolateCmd, UnisolateCmd, UnisolateAllCmd
Activate component - FusionActivateLocalCompCmd
Set and reset orbit center - SetOrbitCenterCommand, ResetOrbitCenterCommand
Zoom Window (drag a rectangle) - ZoomWindowViewCmd
Show All Bodies/Components (for selected in Browser) - ShowAllBodiesCmd, ShowAllComponentsCmd
Pan - PanCommand
Zoom - ZoomCommand

Download

https://axalea.se/downloads/beta.html

https://apps.autodesk.com/en/Publisher/PublisherHomepage?ID=QF2AP7A29Y9C

FAQ

• Why is the Favorites panel at the end of the toolbar?
    Due to restrictions in the add-in interface provided by Fusion 360.

• Can all controls be edited?
    Currently, pre-existing menu items cannot be removed.

• The configuration window keeps disappearing when I'm in the drawing workspace.
    For some reason, Fusion 360 puts itself on top if the mouse hovers the drawing area.
    Try making the windows smaller or open the configuration window when you have another workspace active.

• I pinned/unpinned a command in the Favorites panel using the "..." menu, but the change is lost after restarting Fusion 360.
    Currently, pinning of favorites must be edited using the configuration window to be stored correctly.

• Why do the beta versions have trial limitations?
    While the add-ins might still have quirks, they are already very useful in the current state. Licenses will be sold at https://store.axalea.se .
  • I tried to assign a shortcut to command X or place it in a menu, but it does not work when I click on it.
    Unfortunately, not all built-in commands can be directly executed. Some can be recreated and can then be implemented in Extra Shortcuts.
Thomas @ Axalea

Try the Toolbar & Shortcuts Editor and Extra Shortcuts add-ins - assign any key (and some mouse buttons) as keyboard shortcut! - Assign shortcut to Front, Home view, Look At, Timeline Back ... - (Windows only)
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

I wish I could organize the s menu.  right now shortcuts just get jumbled on in what ever order they are added.  with one hand on the mouse and one hand on my space mouse I tend to use the s menu more than keyboard shortcuts.

Message 3 of 19

@laughingcreek wrote:

I wish I could organize the s menu.  right now shortcuts just get jumbled on in what ever order they are added.  with one hand on the mouse and one hand on my space mouse I tend to use the s menu more than keyboard shortcuts.

You can organise them now.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 19

you can arrange the order, but you can't put them in logical groups on different rows. 

Message 5 of 19

Same here. Simple separators would already help. 

EESignature

Message 6 of 19

Extra Shortcuts v0.0.2 uploaded!

New commands:
* Show/Hide Layout Grid
* Toggle Snap to Grid
* Toggle Incremental Move
(No icons)
Thomas @ Axalea

Try the Toolbar & Shortcuts Editor and Extra Shortcuts add-ins - assign any key (and some mouse buttons) as keyboard shortcut! - Assign shortcut to Front, Home view, Look At, Timeline Back ... - (Windows only)
Message 7 of 19

@laughingcreek @TrippyLighting 

I couldn't resist and threw together a quick and dirty solution for the S menu arrangement. What do you do when you need to fill some space? Add spacers! It's cludgy, but it kind of works, I think.

1. Download the attached Zip file. Unpack it.
  2. In Fusion, press Shift+S, open the Add-ins tab and click the Green plus.
  3. Select the "Spacers" directory.
  4. Click Run.

The add-in is barely tested at all.

Usage:

Press "S". Search for "Axalea Spc". Add some spacers using the arrow button. Then rearrange the icons by dragging.

Screenshot from 2023-09-22 07-41-22.png

Thomas @ Axalea

Message 8 of 19

Some small updates.

Extra Shortcuts v0.0.3:

• Perspective/Orthographic view feature stabilized
  • Look At Sketch restored (menu item was missing)

Toolbar & Shortcuts Editor v0.0.4:

• Insert command after selected when clicking "Add >>"
Thomas @ Axalea

Message 9 of 19
terryHCEB7
in reply to: axalea_thomas

This is an excellent addition to help users customize the UI to their preferred work flow.

Thank you for this!

Message 10 of 19

Big update!

Toolbar & Shortcuts editor v0.0.5.

Forced keyboard shortcuts allows you to use any key* for a shortcut. It is also possible to override unchangeable shortcuts in Fusion. :party_popper:

*Please give it a good spin! My keyboard does not have multimedia keys, so I would appreciate to get feedback on such keys (play, stop etc).

forced_shortcuts.png

Thomas @ Axalea

Message 11 of 19

Two new commands added to ExtraShortcuts (v0.0.4):

• Smart Active Component (activates the selected component or the component to which the selected entity belongs)
  • Activate Root Component

axalea_thomas_0-1696691385972.png

Thomas @ Axalea

Message 12 of 19

Extra Shortcuts v0.0.5 uploaded:

• Look At commands combined into one: Look At (Universal)
  • Fixed add-in failing to load and not showing its icon
  • Smart Activate Component renamed to Activate Selection
  • Icons for all commands
Thomas @ Axalea

Message 13 of 19
WesleyTack
in reply to: axalea_thomas

Thomas,

Something that would be useful to add as a shortcut is to be able and hide/unhide (toggle) the work planes:

WesleyTack_0-1697637289017.png

Is that something that's possible to add? This would allow for quick removal of vital mirror planes clutter you don't need while designing.

Sincerely,

- Wesley Tack

Message 14 of 19
axalea_thomas
in reply to: WesleyTack

Yes!

Extra Shortcuts v0.0.6 is now uploaded. Download

Changes:

• Show/hide User Work Planes added (under Display Settingsm menu)
  • Camera type moved to Display Settings menu

axalea_thomas_0-1697736432159.png

Toolbar & Shortcuts Editor is now available the Autodesk app store.

Note however that it does not yet have the Forced Keyboard Shortcuts feature. I'm still in the process of getting Extra Shortcuts approved. Once both are approved, I intend to upgrade them to the latest versions, if no bugs have been reported towards them.

Uninstall the beta versions before installing the app store versions (different installer).

Thomas @ Axalea

Message 15 of 19

Both add-ins are finally released and available in the Autodesk app store!

axalea_thomas_0-1699036256686.png

Thomas @ Axalea

Message 16 of 19

Toolbar & Shortcuts Editor v0.0.6 (beta) is now uploaded!

axalea_thomas_0-1699693166394.png

(Extended with Extra Shortcuts in the above screenshot)

You can now use mouse buttons in Forced shortcuts! (5 buttons are supported. "Super mice" with their own software will still likely require that software.)

Please only install either the beta or release version at the same to avoid any conflicts.

Beta downloads:

https://axalea.se/downloads/beta.html

Thomas @ Axalea

Message 17 of 19

Toolbar & Shortcuts Editor v1.0.0 has now been released in the app store!

* Mouse button support (same as in v0.0.6 beta)

https://apps.autodesk.com/FUSION/en/Detail/Index?id=6203905753706706460&appLang=en&os=Win64

Thomas @ Axalea

Message 18 of 19

I just want to say thank you. You simply did what people've been waiting for for years. It makes everything so much easier. ♥

Message 19 of 19

Thank you! I'm glad to hear that the add-ins are useful. 🙂

Thomas @ Axalea

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report