Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export parts list to CSV

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
nsbernar
749 Views, 6 Replies

Export parts list to CSV

Hello,

Is there a way within Fusion360 to export a comprehensive parts list for an assembly to a CSV (or TSV) format? I know about the builtin python script ExtractBOM but that doesn't really work well and doesn't have all the functionality I need. I would like to export all part names and quantities as well as the parts contained within parts that are themselves assemblies. Is this possible? 

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
BrianEkins
in reply to: nsbernar

It's possible to use the API to get the information you specified, but it will involve using the API to collect and compile the information and then use Python functionality to write it out to a file. It's been a long time since I looked at the ExtractBOM sample, but I'm guessing that might be a good example to start with.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com
Message 3 of 7
nsbernar
in reply to: BrianEkins

Appreciate the response and info. I am comfortable with python so I can probably figure that out, in the meantime I'll use a free trial of OpenBOM to quickly solve my problem. It's a bit wild to me that I have to homebrew a solution to this needed feature OR pay money (3800 per annum for OpenBOM) for an add in. But what can you do?

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 7
BrianEkins

I agree that it's a bit strange there aren't some built-in BOM capabilities, but that's how it currently is. The closest thing there is creating a parts list for a drawing. If you need something relatively simple, I would suggest coding it yourself. That's a lot of money you'll save, and you can get precisely what you need.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Brian Ekins
Inventor and Fusion 360 API Expert
Website/Blog: https://EkinsSolutions.com
Message 5 of 7
nsbernar
in reply to: BrianEkins

I completely agree, homebrew absolutely has a place, and I'm happy to make something and share it. 

Cheers

Message 6 of 7
gvisca44

There used to be a free one on the Fusion 360 App Store.

I have a suspicion it might now only be on GIT @ https://github.com/pettijohn/CSV-BOM-Plus

I had the original and modified it for my own purposes.

G

Message 7 of 7
espablo

Once I managed to make such a BOM-Excel project. This is a modification of CSV-BOM, which worked very well for me, but I missed saving the BOM to an Excel file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report