Community
Fusion API and Scripts
Got a new add-in to share? Need something specialized to be scripted? Ask questions or share what you’ve discovered with the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Custom entries to the Make Menu

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Le_Bear
601 Views, 4 Replies

Add Custom entries to the Make Menu

I have not yet written any API script for Fusion, but I would like to create customized 3d Print choices to the Make menu, for 2 reasons:

1. Ability to send to different slicers depending on the design, without having to manually select which one each time .

2. Open a File Dialog, to be able to give a meaningful name to the STL, better than "a5c26275-a94d-4eb5-aea2-3fa63e5aa5a3.stl", for example 🙂

Maybe I am wrong, but I tend to believe this would not be too difficult to do. But, as I have no experience with Fusion 360 API, I would be very thankful to get some pointers, maybe an example of something close, to make it easier for me to start this project.

Thanks you!
    Bernard

Bernard Grosperrin

Autodesk Certified Instructor

FaceBook Group | Forum | YouTube

Group Network Leader

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
marshaltu
in reply to: Le_Bear

Hello,

You can probably refer to "AddInSample" in "Scripts & AddIn" dialog for how to add entries to Make Menu. The id Make menu is "SolidMakePanel" in model workspace and "SurfaceMakePanel" in in patch workspace. Also you can refer to following sample for how to show a file dialog. 

http://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=GUID-d5163350-6d2f-11e7-8c44-3417ebc87622

Have a good luck.

Thanks,

Marshal

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
Le_Bear
in reply to: marshaltu

Thanks, I appreciate! How about exporting the model as STL? Is there an API for this?

Bernard Grosperrin

Group Network Leader

Message 4 of 5
marshaltu
in reply to: Le_Bear

Hello,

Please refer to the following code samples.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=GUID-ECA8A484-7EDD-427D-B1E3-BD59A646F4FA

Thanks,

Marshal

Marshal Tu
Fusion 360 Developer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
Le_Bear
in reply to: marshaltu

Thanks so much, that's exactly what I needed.

Bernard Grosperrin

Group Network Leader

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report