Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Metal functionality needs improvement

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
simonjohnlacey
220 Views, 2 Replies

Sheet Metal functionality needs improvement

The sheet metal functionality in Fusion doesn't seem to be up to snuff.  I try and make shapes pretty regularly and would love to know what the flat cut form of the shape is.  This is one of the big draws to the sheet metal functionality.  More often than not when unfolding or creating a flat pattern I get "compute failed" and sometimes the objects just explode.

This is just a request to fusion to invest more into the sheet metal functionality.  Its used for more than just electrical boxes :D.

Here's the shapeHere's the shape

creating a flat pattercreating a flat patter

unfolding it :Dunfolding it 😄

I am running ver 2.0.10244

And here's my hardware all drivers up to date:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19041) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics (16 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32174MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

GPU: RTX 2060

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Can you File>Export your *.f3d file to your local drive and then Attach it here to a Reply?

From the images it does not appear that you are following the 4 rules of sheet metal.

Message 3 of 3

Sheet metal expects constant thickness so you need radii on all corners, looks like your model has some sharp corners. You can add small radii and it should work.

HughesTooling_0-1621959710539.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report