Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with new sheet metal flat pattern?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
javipk
1883 Views, 4 Replies

Issue with new sheet metal flat pattern?

Hi there,

Before the recent change in the way 'create flat pattern' works, I used to make a sheet metal part flat, create some features (cut slots along the bend lines, to laser cut and make it bendable by hand, sort of like a living hinge in plywood) and then bend back again to see the result. Now features created in the 'flat pattern workspace' won't reflect back to the sheet metal part once exiting it. Is this a bug or how do I create features in the  'flat pattern workspace' that will reflect back? Chamfers or fillets don't work either

thanks for the constant improvements!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
karina.harper
in reply to: javipk

Hi @javipk 

I think you're thinking of unfold/refold rather than editing the flat pattern.

20190401-5.gif

Also, fillets and chamfers seem to be working fine for me. Can you give me an example file where you're seeing this happen?

Cheers,

Karina

Karina Harper

Software QA Engineer, Fusion 360

Fusion 360 Webinars | Contact Support | EDU Support | Support Board Best Practices

Message 3 of 5
javipk
in reply to: karina.harper

Hi Karina, 

yes that works, thanks!

Yes I was using 'create flat pattern', thinking the 'unfold/refold' feature had been eliminated and integrated into 'create flat pattern', didn't see it still existed.

So I imagine 'create flat pattern' is mostly a tool to create a DXF when the design of the sheet metal part is finished?

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
karina.harper
in reply to: javipk

@javipk 

Yes, I think you have it right. You can also make changes in the flat that don't update back to the folded model which is handy for some people.

Cheers!

Karina

Karina Harper

Software QA Engineer, Fusion 360

Fusion 360 Webinars | Contact Support | EDU Support | Support Board Best Practices

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: karina.harper

Hi, I had the same problem. It might be good to update official tutorials. All examples (at least those I've found) use old GUI. Even Karina's gif has buttons that are now at a completely diferent location.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators