Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to select center of mass?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Alec_Mallinger
4118 Views, 7 Replies

How to select center of mass?

Hi, I need to select center of mass, yet there is no way that I have found yet that allows me to do so. I have the center of mass on the object, I just need to be able to actually select it as a point. Is this possible?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ryan.bales
in reply to: Alec_Mallinger

It's mostly specific to whatever function you are doing. What are you selecting it for? 

On trick on something like Inspect > Measure is to use click-and-hold to bring up the selection window. Then you can pick it no issues. It's also selectable in the browser as i have it shown expanded:

Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 7.08.55 AM.png

Ryan Bales
Fusion 360 Product Support
Message 3 of 8
Alec_Mallinger
in reply to: ryan.bales

Hi, thanks for that, but is there any way to select it as a point for a sketch?

Message 4 of 8
ryan.bales

Not directly no, you'd need to pull the data manually and create the plants/axis/points etc.

To my knowledge its still mostly a visual reference and a dimensional point. @jeff_strater  is this still correct? 

Ryan Bales
Fusion 360 Product Support
Message 5 of 8
jeff_strater
in reply to: ryan.bales

Correct, the current center of mass icon is very limited - you can see it, and use it in Measure, but that's the extent of it...

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 6 of 8

Message 7 of 8

I ran across your forum post where you desired to place a point on the center of gravity (COG) of a body or component.  I recently wrote and recorded a blog article where I do this very operation.  I would like to invite you to take a look at the article and video.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 8 of 8
nomiakasu

Implementing solution would be ideal. A simple point created at the COM icon should be trivial to code and very helpful. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report