Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a plywood board not too hard, exposes local render bug

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1715 Views, 5 Replies

How to make a plywood board not too hard, exposes local render bug

Not sure where to post this. I have a not too hard way to create a plywood texture map. But it also exposed a bug.

Google plywood end grain texture map. Download image. ( you will see mine is not the best but good enough for what I need) Open a stock wood appearance rename plywood and insert your downloaded image. Reset size, I set mine to .75 x 6 inches.

The trick is to apply the the texture map to the entire body/component.  Then select adjust  map controls and rotate the texture map until all the end grains are correct. ( 90 degrees on the correct axis). I then apply a stock texture map like OAK to ONLY the faces. If the grain on the face is going in the wrong direction, I duplicate the texture map rename the copy OAK vertical and apply that to the face.  Is easier to adjust two faces than many edges.

So I hope this helps someone. Let me know If I should repost in another section. The bug is this. Cloud render, and in canvas render worked fine. If I did local render the edges came out pure white not plywood end grain.

Apply endgrain to full bodyApply endgrain to full bodyRotate to edge matchRotate to edge matchApply new map to face.Apply new map to face.Texture map settings.PNGBug Bad local renderBug Bad local renderGood incanvas/cloud renderGood incanvas/cloud render

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Phil.E
in reply to: Anonymous

Good catch. Any chance you could share that design file?

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Phil.E

Message 4 of 6
Phil.E

Thanks.

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
Phil.E

I'm not able to reproduce the effect. 

Can you try restarting Fusion and rendering again? I'm wondering what might make this bug happen, because it's not a problem in the exported/uploaded version of this design. Can you also try exporting/uploading this file to create a copy like the one I tested? (then give it a try again)

local renders are fine.png

Phil Eichmiller
Software Engineer
Quality Assurance
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Phil.E

Phil

As it turns out was was testing that plywood technique to use that method in another project. The file you have I did try to local render a couple times (without rebooting) and always had the same result. But today I did a test local render in a different project using the same technique and it worked fine. So I guess a random glitch one you can check off your list. I would test your file or even retry my own but currently in the middle of a long render.

B

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report