Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing dimension missing line

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
tedbradley314
332 Views, 9 Replies

Drawing dimension missing line

I've had this happen many times on many different drawings. I'm creating a linear dimensions and one indicator line is missing on the dimension. It's not just missing in the Fusion 360 editor view - it's missing in the PDF export as well. Please see attached for the part model and screenshots of the missing line.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Please attach the MODEL, not the Drawing, that this is happening to you.  The Forum users will use your model to create their own drawing to see if they can replicate the issue.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 10

Hi @tedbradley314 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble. These 2 issues seem to be related, https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-support/dissociated-association/m-p/11396358.

I'll reply on the other thread, but what I'd like is to see the model, I'll try to replicate the problems that you are having, and then I'll ask the team to take a look at this. Please can share a link to the model file here, or if it is sensitive, feel free to send it directly to me Clint. Brown {a} Autodesk.com.

Message 4 of 10

Hi John, thanks for your reply. I've attached the model to my original post. Thanks
Message 5 of 10

Hi Clint, thanks for your reply. I've attached the model to my original post. Thanks
Message 6 of 10

I believe it will dimension properly for you if you pay close attention to the snap point, which is the tangent point between the curve and straight side of the slot.  Also it will help greatly to create a Detail View to achieve the largest scale possible.  This model is a prime candidate for the Break View function.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 7 of 10

Hi @tedbradley314 

I'm having no issues with the files.

ClintBrown3D_0-1662479726194.png

Please share a link to your drawing, so that I can ask the team to investigate this, or if it is sensitive, feel free to send it directly to me Clint. Brown {a} Autodesk.com

ClintBrown3D_0-1651584204114.png

Message 8 of 10
nemadec
in reply to: tedbradley314

Hi @tedbradley314 

We have checked the file which you shared to @ClintBrown3D

We can reproduce the issue of missing right dimension line, but only the file which you shared. If we create new drawing from same model issue is not reproducible, So we will be raising a file specific issue for scenario.

For now there are 2 things you can do :-

1. Please clear the cache file (refer snapshot), so that you probably will not face same issue for newly created drawings.nemadec_0-1663562861217.png

2. Workaround for existing file :- For existing file, where you are facing the issue, just once use the dimension option instead of specific dimension type(Linear, Aligned etc)(Refer Image). Once you will do this than you will not face the issue.nemadec_1-1663563390630.png

Please revert back in case it doesn't work, meanwhile we will also look into the file which you shared.

Chandrashekhar Nemade
Sr. SQA Engineer
Message 9 of 10

Thanks Chandrashekhar. I will clear the cache. 

This happens to me frequently - I'd say 1 out of 3 drawings. Typically on curved features.

Would you like me to keep submitting files that have this issue? 

Message 10 of 10

Hi Chandrashekhar,

Please see attached for a video of the same issue in a different file. I've attached the source model. 

Clearing the cache did not help resolve the issue. But using the "dimension" feature rather than the "linear dimension" feature does work.

Ted

Thanks,

Ted

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report