Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doesn't Open Where I Left Off

30 REPLIES 30
SOLVED
Message 1 of 31
david.quayle
2314 Views, 30 Replies

Doesn't Open Where I Left Off

After an update that occured some time ago, everytime I open Fusion it opens at the same Project but not the Project I was working from the previous session. I mostly just work from the "My Recent Data" tab and it used to open at that tab everytime if it was the tab I was in previously. Now everytime I open Fusion I have to go to the "My Recent Data" and then open the project from there. Is there someway of fixing this issue?

30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31

have a look at this link, you need to clear your cache and restart Fusion once.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-collaborate/set-startfolder-in-data-panel/m-p/10492689#M39...

Abhinav Singh
Product Owner
Message 3 of 31
david.quayle
in reply to: david.quayle

That didn't work for me, I did what you said but I dont want to Archive/Delete the folder it keeps opening because I use it from time to time, seems like a few people are having this issue.

Message 4 of 31

Can you pls try this:
- Create a new folderB
- Move all your data from folderA to folderB
- Delete folderA
and then follow the rest of the steps same as mentioned in the other thread.

Abhinav Singh
Product Owner
Message 5 of 31

I realised I was using the wrong terminology in that, it's the same Project Folder that it opens to, not the Folder within the Project Folder!

Anyway, I deleted the Project Folder It had been opening to, deleted the cache and opened a model from another folder, made changes and saved it. Then reopened Fusion but it just opened at another random Project Folder! 

Message 6 of 31

by design, you will see the last Project where you worked, not the last Folder inside the Project where you last worked. 

Abhinav Singh
Product Owner
Message 7 of 31
david.quayle

I'm not sure we are on the same page 🙂

The top image is where I was when I last saved and closed.

The bottom images shows where it always opens to no matter where I finished off the last session.

This started happening a couple of months ago

This is where it was when I saved and closed.JPGThis is where it always opens now.JPG

Message 8 of 31
crueby1
in reply to: abhinav_singh

As you say, by design it opens in the last project worked in, but, most of the time, IT DOES NOT. Been reporting this one for quite a while, contacted support directly and they opened a bug on it, still no action on it. It almost always goes back to the first project I did years ago, not the recent one where I am working. Very annoying bug, quite a few people are reporting this on multiple forum threads. Please fix it for us!  I would be happy to get log files or run experiments for you if that would help. I sent in video screencasts to the person who opened the bug report. No further response from them.

Message 9 of 31

Here is how Fusion works when it can't find the default (last saved in Project) in the local cache (due to messed-up cache).
- if you are using a Personal hub (single storage hub): default to the first-ever Project ever created in the hub, however old it might be

- if you are using Fusion Team hub: just list all Projects

and once you clear the cache completely and relaunch Fusion360 afresh, the cache should get built correctly and work fine from the second launch onwards.

Follow these steps: 
1. Close Fusion 360 and clear the complete Fusion360 cache

2. launch fusion360 > go to desired Project (let's say Project R)
3. pick any file in Project R, make changes, and Save
4. again make changes to the same file (of step 3) and save
5. wait for at least 1 full minute and then close fusion 360 (reason - cache takes some time to update correctly)
6. launch fusion360 again and check if you are being directed Project R

Abhinav Singh
Product Owner
Message 10 of 31
crueby1

Just went through that sequence to see if it helps.

It raises a question though: You say to wait at least a minute for the cache to update before closing Fusion. Is that something we should be doing every time? When I'm done using it, usually I just save, close the file, and close out of Fusion. Is there a delay needed all the time??

Okay, done waiting and finished the sequence and re-opened Fusion. And it went to..... The top of the project tree, NOT into any project. Which is something its been doing all along at random, if not going to the first project. So, clearing the cache did NOT work.

Message 11 of 31
crueby1

Further question along same lines - does it matter if I close out of the file after saving and before closing Fusion? You dont say either way, and usually I do that. Just tried it once with saving, waiting, then closing fusion without closing the file, and that once it went back to the right place - hard to say if that was just a fluke or not, since sometimes it does work anyway.

Message 12 of 31

This does not work. I have two Fusion user accounts I use on this laptop, a work one (paid) and my own personal one (free). My work account behaves itself, but my personal account always opens into a really old project I haven't worked on in years. At first it would be at random, but now its' every time I sign in to my personal account. Clearing the cache has never worked, I've even reinstalled Fusion on a Fresh Windows installation and it still does it. Also not the first time I've reported it either. OK It's a minor annoyance in the scheme of things but it doesn't make you want to pay up to use it! 

Message 13 of 31
crueby1
in reply to: crueby1

So much for that 'fix' - yesterday it worked okay twice, opened fusion today and it started back at the top of the project tree.

This needs to be looked at closer - something is broken!

Message 14 of 31
abhinav_singh

You do not need to wait 1 minute every time before closing Fusion. I said that just to make sure that the file is saved properly and the cache is updated when you are trying these steps. 

Abhinav Singh
Product Owner
Message 15 of 31
crueby1

It seemed to work at first yesterday, now it is back to opening at the top project directory level again. This is okay if it was a one time fix, but not if we have to do it several times a day. Root cause of this needs to be found, or a new way of setting the default project added!

Message 16 of 31
abhinav_singh

This solution has worked for many users ( as a one-time fix). I am sorry about your experience. Maybe try working with an Autodesk support person to have a clean re-install and proper cache set. Give him/her a reference to this thread.
I can't comment on the date of public release at the moment, but we are already working on a new Project/Folder navigation experience within the Fusion360 desktop application.

Abhinav Singh
Product Owner
Message 17 of 31
crueby1

Okay, lets try typing in this response again - the first time around after a whole paragraph I hit Post and the web site just threw it all away!

So, A couple months ago, after getting no response on the multiple forum threads where this issue was reported, I contacted customer support directly, and corresponded with a Thomas Bell several times, giving lots of details, what I was doing, and even several screencasts. Refer to CaseNo:17933792

He opened a Feature Enhancement request, FUS-85452, even though I kept trying to tell him it was a bug not a new feature - at that point he stopped replying to me completely.

More recently I happened to see your instructions for this workaround, only since I kept looking in the forum and kept trying to get a response. I never got any further feedback on the case or the feature request, though you make it sound like others have gotten the instructions and it worked for them. It worked initially here, but as I said it then reverted back to the broken situation.

I have repeatedly asked if it would help to send in log files, no reply. In addition, would it help for you to see what my cache folder has in it? Something obviously gets corrupt, or there is a path it doesnt like, something. Whatever this new version will be, if it is built on that same cache functionality it may well break it again. I am trying to help things, and at long last someone has at least responded - please go the rest of the way and find out what the real problem is and fix it.

Chris

Message 18 of 31
abhinav_singh

ok, let me have some chat about this internally and then I will get back to you.

Abhinav Singh
Product Owner
Message 19 of 31

@crueby1  can you please go to your Autodesk Fusion 360 cache folder and search for this string "NsCloudBrowserCache"? Pls share the search result with me here or in DM, I want to know if you have any file that starts with NsCloudBrowserCache and has .tmp at the end. 

Abhinav Singh
Product Owner
Message 20 of 31
crueby1

I searched for the name 'NsCloudBrowserCache' and found one file, NsCloudBrowserCache_myhub.dat, nothing ending in .tmp.

Then opened Fusion, and it went to the correct place, the most recent project folder. When I had removed the cache the other day, when it was going to the wrong place, I had made a copy of it in another folder. Just looked there, and the file NsCloudBrowserCache_myhub.tmp does exist there.

I have tried attaching the two  files, but it wont allow the .tmp ending - so, I have attached it with the name changed to end in .txt instead - remove that ending to get the original files back.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report