Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chamfer issue in Design

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
robertv.moore
155 Views, 3 Replies

Chamfer issue in Design

My question is about how Fusion treats a 3d feature made from drawing. If I pre-chamfer a hole before threading (as I always used to do as a machinist) the result is a perfectly round chamfer with no lead-in to the resultant thread. I noticed this when trying to 3d print fasteners with a chamfer..they just don't work. When I remove the chamfer the printed parts fit perfectly. Does Fusion treat the chamfer as a completely separate entity when used with the threading tool?

Many thanks,

Bob

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

After adding the thread to the chamfered hole just drag the chamfer feature past the thread in the timeline. Another option is to add the thread first with the modelled option unchecked, add the chamfer then enable modelled threads.

HughesTooling_0-1633540393855.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
g-andresen
in reply to: robertv.moore

Hi,

The threads are only created on the cylinder wall, but not on the chamfer at the same time.

thread and chamfer.gif
Therefore follow the suggestion by @HughesTooling 

günther

Message 4 of 4

Yes, this works although you can't really see it with the 1mm chamfer on my original file. With a 2mm chamfer I can clearly see the lead-in. I learn something every day 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report