Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubles with ID Profile tool paths

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tgford58
170 Views, 2 Replies

Troubles with ID Profile tool paths

First, I am green on lathe tool paths but I've done my best on this one.

I am running a drill, rough ID profile, Finish ID profile and I when I simulate in wireframe visual I see that the tools clip the edge of a sharp corner.

I believe this could be a radius but it would have to be very small.  This looks like it is wiping the whole corner.  I've ran using both cutting edge edge and contact point tool limits and a variety of ID/OD configurations.

Also there is a persistent error on the boring tool paths.  From what I read there is no fix but most posts were old.  Does anyone know of a new post that may help me?

tgford58_0-1657033380109.png

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
akash.kamoolkar
in reply to: tgford58

@tgford58 you've set your "z stock to leave" to a negative amount which is what's causing the tool to gouge that corner. Is this intentional? If i set it to a positive amount it does not gouge the corner. As to the warning, it's a safety warning given whenever the tool goes below the Z axis. If you dont want to see this warning you can raise your clearance radius so the tool does not go down to X = 0.

Regards,

Akash Kamoolkar
Software Development Manager
Message 3 of 3
tgford58
in reply to: akash.kamoolkar

@akash.kamoolkar   Pretty green error.  I'm learning lathe but wow.  Mill makes more sense to me.

Thank you for your patience.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report