Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2023 Post Processor and Machine Simulation What's New

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
andrea.amilo
1172 Views, 0 Replies

September 2023 Post Processor and Machine Simulation What's New

Post Processor and Machine Simulation What’s New

Home Page Ok 2022.JPG

Looking for the latest post processors and machines updates? Look no further!

We are continually working

hard to bring you updates and improvements to the many open-source Post Processors and Machines we offer for free, but those updates often get lost in the shuffle of other enhancements or big feature releases. This post aims to update you on newly added or improved post processors and machines, so you can stay up to date on what you use today or look for news so you can get the most out of Fusion 360.

This post will get refreshed with notable updates as they’re released, and you can click each hyperlink to go to the mentioned post. As always, you can find the latest in our post processor offering on the Online Post Library where you can search by vendor, type, or name, and see any recent changes to each post processor.

MAIN CONTENTS

1. New Post Processors
  2. Improved Processors
  3. New Machines
  4. Improved Machines
  5. New Workholdings
  6. Tool Applications
  7. Post Processor Engine

Fusion360 Logo.png

1. New Post Processors

Milling Post Processors

machine tool camp_thumbnail.png

Machine Tool Camp

Added Machine Tool Camp post processor.

SIEMENS-main.png

Siemens Sinumerik ONE

Added Siemens Sinumerik ONE mill post processor.

SIEMENS-main.png

Siemens 828

Added Siemens 828 mill post processor.

Additive Post Processors

biqu_thumbnail.png

BIQU range of printers

Added new post processor for BIQU fff printers.

2. Improved Post Processors

We are always working to keep post processors up to date with new technologies. This is a summary of the main improvements made to post processors already in the library.

Milling Post Processors

Denford.png

Denford

Changed retract to do XY after Z retract and made all initial moves be rapid rather than high feed moves.

prototrak_thumbnail.png

ProtoTRAK

Made G2 and G3 codes be output on every line rather than be modal and made every circular line contain I, J, K regardless of the circular interpolation plane.

selca_thumbnail.png

Selca

Added M19 command to the G86 boring cycle to handle spindle indexing on the Selca post processor.

SIEMENS-main.png

Siemens 840d, Siemens 840d Inspection

Output the initial WCS code at the beginning of the program prior to the workpiece declaration for proper controller simulation.

tormach jet_thumbnail.png

Tormach

Added probing support to the Tormach post processor.

Mill-Turn Post Processors

hurco tmm8_thumbnail.png

Hurco TMM8, Hurco TMM10, Hurco TMX8MY, Hurco TMX10MY, Hurco TMX8MYS, Hurco TMX10MYS

Added G28 Support and ability to position parts catcher to the Hurco mill turn post processors.

Mazak.png

Mazak Quick Turn 100-M, Mazak Quick Turn 100-MS, Mazak Quick Turn 100-MY, Mazak Quick Turn 100-MSY, Mazak Quick Turn 200-M, Mazak Quick Turn 200-MS, Mazak Quick Turn 200-MY, Mazak Quick Turn 200-MSY, Mazak Quick Turn 250-M, Mazak Quick Turn 250-MS, Mazak Quick Turn 250-MY, Mazak Quick Turn 250-MSY, Mazak Quick Turn 350-M, Mazak Quick Turn 350-MY, Mazak Quick Turn 350-MSY, Mazak Quick Turn 400-M, Mazak Quick Turn 450-M, Mazak Quick Turn 450-MY

Fixed an issue where the XZ output could be rotated during a turning operation in the Mazak Mill/Turn post processors.

Mazak.png

Mazak EZ 8M, Mazak EZ 8MY, Mazak EZ 8MSY, Mazak EZ 10M, Mazak EZ 10MY, Mazak EZ 10MSY, Mazak EZ 12M, Mazak EZ 12MY, Mazak EZ 12MSY, Mazak QTU 200-M, Mazak QTU 200-MS, Mazak QTU 200-MY, Mazak QTU 200-MSY, Mazak QTU 250-M, Mazak QTU 250-MS, Mazak QTU 250-MY, Mazak QTU 250-MSY, Mazak QTU 350-M, Mazak QTU 350-MS, Mazak QTU 350-MY, Mazak QTU 350-MSY

Fixed an issue where the XZ output could be rotated during a turning operation in the Mazak Mill/Turn post processors.

Turning Post Processors

doosan turning_thumbnail.png

Doosan Turning

Added support for drilling with feed per revolution in the Doosan turning post processor.

fanuc turning_thumbnail.png

Fanuc Turning

Added support for drilling with feed per revolution in the Fanuc turning post processor.

3. New Machines

Machine Library

The Machine Library lets you manage your machine tools by using Machine Configurations to define your available machines and resources. These configurations can automate the settings in your Job Setup.
There are many Machine Configurations available in the standard library.

You will have available configuration files for some of the leading machine manufacturers:

biqu_thumbnail.png

B1

BX

B1 SE

B1 SE PLUS

Hurakan

IdeaPrinter

IdeaPrinter.jpg

F1

F100

F100L

F2

The easiest way to get started, is to copy an existing configuration that matches some of the characteristics of your machine.

4. Improved Machines

HP Jet Fusion 5000_thumbnail.png

HP Jet Fusion 3D 5000 Printer

5. New Workholdings

Workholding Library

The Workholding library lets you add a workholding equipment (vise, table, tombstone, etc.) to a manufacturing model. Those can be found in the "CAM Samples" project folder that you can find in the Fusion 360 data panel:

workholdings.png

Lang images.png

- 57 Zero-Point Accessories

6. Tool Applications

The Autodesk App Store helps you to easily extend the power of Autodesk Fusion 360.

In the CAM category you will find many useful extras for your manufacturing applications.

Harvey Tool.jpg

Harvey Tool Resources

The Harvey Tool Resources add-in provides a user-friendly interface that allows you to download Harvey tools into your Autodesk® Fusion 360® tool library.

The add-in allows you to download a Harvey tool to your Fusion 360 tool library by simply entering the Harvey tool number and clicking add tool.  It also allows you to search the Harvey Tool online catalogue and add tools from the catalog to your tool library.

7. Post Processor Engine

Our development team is always working to update and fix the Autodesk CAM Post Processor engine. These modifications are not related to a specific postprocessor (as described above) but affect the entire library or at least the post processors using that specific class. The current post processor kernel is 4.5991.

API.pngUpdated the machine code to properly handle the turret definition.

API.pngFixed retract and reconfigure movements against the stock.

You can find here all the information regarding the Autodesk CAM Post Processor engine.

Click here to see the previous What’s New release.

Andrea Amilo

Senior Technical Consultant

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Fusion 360 Webinars | Autodesk Make
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report