Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crazy toolpath with 3d contour

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ELAFING
551 Views, 6 Replies

crazy toolpath with 3d contour

What is causing all these moves.3d contour.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
HughesTooling
in reply to: ELAFING

Can you export the model and attach the f3d here?

It could be a boundary's too close to the edge or are you using rest machining?

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
ELAFING
in reply to: HughesTooling

Here is the file. Also if you wouldn't mind maybe look at op2 for the adaptive clearing. The path will not enter in between the parts with a .020 stock to leave, however there is plenty of room for it to fit. Any thoughts on that one is also appreciated. 

Message 4 of 7
HughesTooling
in reply to: ELAFING

First, you need to select the models in the setup. @seth.madore what's the rule now with no models selected, is it just what's visible as it seems to sort of work with nothing selected.

There are a few other problems, see screencast. Problems are shaft and holder pull away enabled, shaft clearance was .2". You probably need to setup longer tools. Safe distance in 2d contour was over an inch, don't know why. In the 3d contour disable contact point bounds and set tool containment to outside boundary also tool's not long enough. File's attached

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
seth.madore

@HughesTooling  funny you should ask, I've been wondering the same thing myself. It "sorta" works with nothing selected, except it does seem to be seeing everything in some cases. I know that if multiple components/models exist the Setup defaults to "Nothing", rather than multiple. I'll make inquiries on Monday to see what's what.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 6 of 7
ELAFING

Thank you for helping out. I will take a look in a few hours when I get back to my computer.

Message 7 of 7
ELAFING

Thank you very much for taking a look. I am still new to fusion and sure I will miss plenty of things along the path of learning. These forums have been an amazing place to get help and just learn from reading other peoples questions. Keep up the good work, and thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report