Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant figure out how to fix Tool orientation and work offset not specified

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
BillGEGHV
382 Views, 5 Replies

Cant figure out how to fix Tool orientation and work offset not specified

I have some molds im machining and having an issue with just facing off all 6 sides. All facing and chamfer sides that have tool orientation set up will not post. The top and bottom are good but the sides and ends of the stock will not post. I looked it up and found this link but can not figure out how to fix it.  Here is a file with all the facing ops but I have stripped the actual model because I can not share the part file. Also including some screenshots. 

The log file says G54 is not set and tool orientation not supported.  Im like I DO have work cord set.  Please help me fix this.  

https://a360.co/3qfF79Z

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Post-processor-err....

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
snrperformance
in reply to: BillGEGHV

For each side you have to set an new WCS in the tool orientation 

Message 3 of 6
BillGEGHV
in reply to: snrperformance

Ive done that haven't I?  Can you show me what selections to make because Ive made several changes in the tool orientation dialog and it keeps failing, What Im I missing? 

Message 4 of 6
BillGEGHV

BTW this is only 3 axis milling no 4th axis or rotational moves. Ive watched some videos on tool orientation and seems like Im maybe programming these facing ops wrong.  IS tool orientation supported for 3 axis milling operations like this OR do I need to create multiple sets ups for all my facing on each side?  

Message 5 of 6
a.laasW8M6T

Do you actually have a 4th axis>

because if not you need to create multiple setups rather than use tool orientation.

Tool orientation is only used for multi axis machines, and in some special cases 3 axis machines with angle heads etc.

Message 6 of 6
BillGEGHV
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

Gotcha, No 4th axis on this machine. Thank you much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report