Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d printing simple two part fixture

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
steveYSB47
279 Views, 8 Replies

3d printing simple two part fixture

I'm printing a simple two part fixture. Basically a rectangular base with 4 pegs.

The base is one design and then the peg is a second design. The base then uses 6 references of the "peg" design

However, when it 3d prints, it looks right - but the pegs are actually separate parts that are printed inside recessed holes within the base. How can I "join" or fuse it all together so I can still use the independent "peg" design but have one "solid" STL file when its output for 3d printing?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
seth.madore
in reply to: steveYSB47

Would you be willing/able to share your Fusion file?

File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/f3z file in your reply

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 9

You'll want to use the Combine tool, export as stl, then (potentially) undo or suppress the join command. 

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 4 of 9

i tried that a few times, but that doesn't appear to work. not sure what i am doing wrong

Message 5 of 9
steveYSB47
in reply to: seth.madore

See attached - thanks for looking. Not sure what I am doing wrong here. 

I'd like to output one solid model of the base platform and the four pegs. Must be some option in either the STL generation? I can't get the "combine" feature to do it either

Message 6 of 9
Warmingup1953

It appears only one peg is not combinedScreen Shot 2023-02-26 at 12.07.35 am.pngScreen Shot 2023-02-26 at 12.10.48 am.png

Message 7 of 9

I needed to add some meat as a simple combine did not work ( i didnt investigate)Screen Shot 2023-02-26 at 12.23.41 am.png

Message 8 of 9
steveYSB47
in reply to: Warmingup1953

how did you get this view? i cannot see that on my side?
Message 9 of 9
seth.madore

That's a "Section Analysis"

2023-03-06_16h42_02.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report