Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2d text on a radius path

2d text on a radius path

Any word on when the ability to draw 2d text that follows a given radius?  I and many others have asked about this a few years ago but it hasn't been implemented in any of the updates yet. Seems like a simple fix considering all the cad ability the software has.

Thanks in advance!

3 Comments
mspecdesign
Contributor

the only work around i've is to make it in a graphic design program like corel and export the wireframe as DXF then import to sketch.

but it would be nice to just do it in the program....or some version of it anyway

sparkytect
Community Visitor

Check out Inkscape. You can do anything you want to your text, save as a SVG & insert into Fusion.

Ive found this to be the best workflow, you might even find that you will almost completely finish the design in Inkscape, then this can be manipulated in fusion.

Hope this helps.

mattsc
Contributor

Inkscape is the typically suggested workaround, but it's a bad one. The real solution here would be the obvious fix of just making it happen in Fusion in the first place. Aligning the text to a spline should be trivially simple to implement. It boggles my mind why this is STILL not implemented considering the number of times we have requested the feature.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report