Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send feedback button for Fusion

Send feedback button for Fusion

What I would REALLY, REALLY, REALLY like to see for Fusion is a "send feedback" button.  When you press this button it will:

- take a screen shot

- allow you to enter a description of the issue you are having

- allow you to include other pictures and files if needed

- allow you to fill in an email address or other contact information

- provide a check box for whether you want to be notified of updates regarding the issue (including a ticket number and status changes)

- send all of the above information along with the current and all referenced design files directly to Fusion support

The forum is great, especially when you can share files publicly.  But it does take significantly more work than a simple feedback button would.

C|

16 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a "Tell Us What You Think" option under the present Help drop-down.

It's run by an external company to Autodesk, and doesn't seem to allow attachments, but it does go somewhat towards what you're requesting. 😉

BrienKing
Advocate

Would be nice if it automatically posted to the IdeaStation...

It'd be awesome if that button would also have a checkbox to let you share a snapshot of the current state of the program so someone could easily open it up in F360 and see exactly where you were and what you're doing.

Bonus points - the ability to roll back in time a bit so you could do that for a crash so it could be easily reproduced by QA without having to worry about the users generating good bug reports.

daniel_lyall
Mentor

+ all fusion user`s (good idea) bugger that`s 10000 votes

scottmoyse
Mentor
I'd certainly like to see this in the CAM environment.... But it doesn't need to send the file. It should share the actual file... It would be really neat if support could then branch the design (once branching is implemented). This would also mean allowing collaboration on a single file, without adding support to the entire project. That is getting long overdue as well to be fair.
keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

Yes, this is something we are working on doing. We will most likely roll it out in phases, but the final result will include all of what this idea is addressing. 

O.Tan
Advisor

I like this idea but I have a few concerns regarding these points:

- take a screen shot

- send all of the above information along with the current and all referenced design files directly to Fusion support

This will be a problem for users who works requires confidentiality.

As for screenshot I guess if the user is able to partially select the area (window selection) of issue, then it'll not be a problem but a full screen screenshot might be a problem for some.

The 2nd one is most likely a no-no. There's no way I would want the Fusion team to have my designs (that includes referenced designs), eventhough it'll be used for debugging purposes. Maybe this could be an option, so for those who are allowed to give, then it's a no issue?

daniel_lyall
Mentor

A user ajustable report, it`s your choices what goes out. the file open`s for your inspection first you adjust before sending to AD 

@kb9ydn how does this sound

Anonymous
Not applicable

@O.Tan When you say:

"There's no way I would want the Fusion team to have my designs (that includes referenced designs), even though it'll be used for debugging purposes."

Who do you mean by the "Fusion" team?  With Fusion at the moment, it's a cloud based which uses their servers for rendering.  This means at least their Infrastructure team(s) (eg storage, database, backup) have access to all your designs already.  They can't really keep infrastructure running properly without it.

The Fusion developers may or may not have access to your data though (I'm not sure), if that helps.

O.Tan
Advisor

Nah, the Fusion team doesn't have access to our files, it's stored on their servers but they can't open it, why do you think each time we report bugs they'll ask "can you share with us your model".

And what makes you think they can't really keep the infrastructure running properly without it? There's tens of thousands of Fusion files in their servers and I'm certain they don't need to have the ability to access our files to update it. The relationship between Fusion developers and our files is most likely one way where they push the update and our files get updated and that's it. This will explain why if you have Fusion running on 2 computers (1 up to date and another hasn't been updated yet), you're not able to open the file in the outdated Fusion (assuming you've already open Fusion in the latest version).

Anonymous
Not applicable

'Nah, the Fusion team doesn't have access to our files, it's stored on their servers but they can't open it, why do you think each time we report bugs they'll ask "can you share with us your model".'

No worries.  It sounds like there are access controls in place, which are excluding the developers by default then.

For the infrastructure team(s), they need access to the filesystems - where files are stored - to do their jobs.  For example, lets say that there is a nightly backup job, and it fails for some reason. (this happens in any large system).  The failure report will say what failed, why it failed, and what part of the filesystem(s) it hit and failed on.  The backup staff will then investigate, first just generally re-running a job in the case of a likely-transient failure, and if that doesn't work they'll log into the system(s) directly and try and find out what's wrong.  This often means accessing/looking at files (checking for data corruption, etc).

This all depends on how the files are stored, backed up, etc, but in every case there needs to be access to the files for the infrastructure staff of <whatever groups look after the file storage>,

Is that worded clearly enough to explain?  It's a generalisation, but hopefully conveys the concept.  Note - I work in Infrastructure stuff, so have a fairly decent understanding of how most places implement things.  It is possible Autodesk has figured out some completely novel approach though.  But I'd be surprised. 😉

O.Tan
Advisor

Ah in that case, then its more likely that even the infrastructure team has no access as I've seen a few cases where when the bug can't be replicated, AD team need the the user to send the file to check and fix it. 

And theres also cases where people can't recover the most recent version and AD response is for the person to recover the next most recent version. Doesn't happen always but it happens from time to time and in most situation isn't a problem since a new version is created each time the design is closed.

kb9ydn
Advisor

I guess making it optional to send the design file and screenshot would be ok, but it severely limits the usefulness of sending feedback.

C|

daniel_lyall
Mentor

if it`s NDA work you can`t let AD see the drawing file it will break the NDA if they have it user select first then it wont break a NDA,

and if there is no NDA you wont remove anything and just send it. 

there is a case at the moment where a cad company is going to be sued because the error report send info that is not needed at all. and it goes to a country where they don't give a rat`s about copyright or anything like that unless it`s from that country 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@daniel_lyall If you're doing NDA stuff, there's no way you should be using Fusion 360 for it.

Do you have a URL for the reference court case you mention?  Would like to know more details. 🙂

daniel_lyall
Mentor

@Anonymous it has not got that far yet that`s why I said going to be and it`s not AD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report