Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Save as..." Please! :)

"Save as..." Please! :)

This feature would help in many cases where one has the basic design... and wants to "branch" off into variants.

If one has several variant designs with the same elements... at the present time one must download and then upload just to copy the file and make a design variation.

Perhaps this is part of the billing plan, to pay for each time you upload or download something (In such a case, I hope we are paying by the pound).

Still, a simple, native "Save as..." in the cloud, would save a lot of headaches during the design phase.

I can see how this could clog the servers if guys made multipule copies of turbine engine designs... or medical scans... perhaps these aspects make such a system more viable from a business standpoint.

But in the small part world I live in... it seems strange to work without this familiar tool.

2 Comments
schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選
We have an update for the end of the month. We have added the ability to save a design as a new design with a new name, ala save as... What you can do is open a design and from the root (top) node in the browser save as... This will allow you to save off branches or versions of a design while working. Hope this is a right step in the direction.
schneik-adsk
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report