Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Component Origin Visibility (+bodies)

Linked Component Origin Visibility (+bodies)

This one is sort of obvious, but the use case may not be. 

Being able to align origins is a great way to alight objects. 
But the hassle of editing the linked component (turning the visilbility on), saving it, pulling in the latest version, and then doing the same thing just to hide the origin again... that's a bit too much of a hassle 🙂
Could origin be treated as a compont so we can turn it on and off? (100% time grounded component that is)

Subidea: for many designs this would be equally useful functionality for bodies in no subcomponents. 
Just allow hiding and making visible again. That's all.

4 Comments
JamieGilchrist
Autodesk
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

we are looking into fixing this and it is in our backlog.

russtuff
Advocate

Any updates in this space? It's still a nuisance.

Swarfmaker
Advocate

The ability to make visible-not visible the origin, shetches and construction elements of a linked component in an assembly is such a desirable element that I may well abandon F360 as a consequence of its failure in this regard. Origin, sketches and construction plane visibility is not a  parametric consideration but vitaly important information for placing components in the correct relationships. The tags are there and greyed out. Please, just make them work as I am fed up with having to keep going back to the parent component, changing visibility, re-saving (increasing the version number to some stupid version count) and then doing it all over again!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. In the course of working with bodies, components, linked components, joints, rigid groups, movement, and copying I noticed my origins can end up in unexpected places. It's cumbersome to edit and save a file twice to inspect an origin.  Further, all components linked in others now have to 'get latest'. The version number creep is a bit wack as well, second that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report