Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

joint improvements

joint improvements

I often end up with assemblies with 10+ joints and since I always forget to name them I'm lost later on to figure out which one is which in the browser.

Suggestion 1 -> Better naming:

Instead of generic naming like:

Rigid1, Rigid2, Rigid3, Rigid4

Use the actual Component names and indicate which is attached to which:

[Component 1] [->] [Component 2]

Also the Names should be liked to the components names, so if you change the component name the joint name changes as well.

Suggestion 2 -> Hover Highlighting 

Currently if you hover over a joint in the browser it highlights it (barely noticeable).

I would like to have the the actual joint highlighted (better) and also both joint components. Visually it would be good to have a highlighting in the same way when you hover over components.

1 Comment
florian.b
Enthusiast

Another addition I would like to see:

Currently when you quickly want to see how you joint/assembly behaves you need to pull on any component and your whole assembly moves. But sometimes you just want to know which joint it is that you are seeing.

Suggestion: When you click on a joint it is "active" and with a second click + drag you move this specific joint isolated from the other joints with respecting the contact set restriction.

I Know there is a way by click then right-click select drive joint which gives me exactly when I described but I find this interaction a little unintuitive and also you end up in a dialog for precisely moving the joint. Which for me is a little too much for just seeing if it is actually the correct joint I want to edit.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report