Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improvements To Text

Improvements To Text

Please add the following features to the text in sketching

1) make them objects that can use and retain user parameters.  The current implementation allows you to use parameters, but only by value.

2) Don't change the text size if the user manually specifies it.  Endless loops seem to be created while working around the absence of feature request #4.

3) When dimensions and points are added to text box, allow those constraints to be retained after editing text size, font, value, etc.  Currently points that are put on a text box will loose reference to that text box on editing the text.

4) Allow users to create, in addition to the horizontal tex:

a) Word Wrapped Text

b) Text along an arc

c) Text along a path (bonus points for this one)

5) Improve user ability to select text that has been extruded while using the CAM Engrave operation.  Selecting all the contour lines of the text can become very tedious and performance degradation occurs when selecting many of these text contours.

9 Comments

Just being able to center and fill an area with text would be huge.

My workflow is still going out to Inventor, exporting as DXF or SVG, importing (painfully) into F360 and going from there.

That's OK for one-offs, but it's horrible for anything serious 

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Please split these in to separate items so that they can be voted on individually.

Thanks

Colin

DiverJim84
Enthusiast

Colin,

why?

text in Fusion sucks. When people begged for stl and mesh support, did you make them break out the different feature?  

Over 20 people voted on these requests.  Why can't you break them out and understand that the people who voted on them want all of it?

this isn't appreciated. 

@DiverJim84

I thought I would reply here also to your report on the matter

According to the idea posting guidelines this is the correct procedure. I hope you understand the need for individual Ideas.

These are the kind of things we do not get answered when they are grouped.

What part are the users voting on?? Which one is more important to them? No one knows when five ideas are included. So we request that they be listed separately.

Please repost the five ideas separately as requested for voting and consideration.

I also suggest a reply here from you with  the new links to the ideas so those who voted can follow the separated ideas easily.

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see these issues still have no been resolved? Its been almost a year now and no changes to the text environment.  When will we see a change in this?

It’s been many years m since I first reported issues with text and there has been zero movement so far as I can tell
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do these have individual posts yet? Perhaps someone could link them, so I could vote the heck out of them...

DiverJim84
Enthusiast

After they shut this down after getting all the votes needed, I gave up.  They don’t care about the biggest flaw in their applications. 

They have had individual posts for years and they were raised long before that and they should be obvious independent of proposed ideas.

They literally  about user needs beyond being able to add a few bullets to their marketing material and to have a few demos for their evangelists to show off. 

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report