Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate Cross Section Sketches

Generate Cross Section Sketches

I really need the ability to make a construction plane in the middle of a loft and gt a parametric cross section of a part as a sketch. I can think of a million ways to use it. Right now it would add to my lofting tools but making forms for large composite layups would be useful as well.

5 Comments
HughesTooling
Consultant

Is getting the construction plane in the correct place the problem or the the parametric cross section? If you have the plane then Project Intersect will generate a parametric sketch.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HughesTooling Perhaps I am missing something. Finding the proper sketch plane is not a problem. I can put them anywhere.However if I project a line passing at an angle through the plane I do not get a point I get a line. Am I missing a feature?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cant seem to attach a file. Make two random closed splines 6 inches apart. Loft between them. Then make a plane in the middle and ty to trace the shape.

HughesTooling
Consultant

Look on the project/Include submenu and use intersect not project.

Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know why I was having a hard time with that. That is exactly what I am looking for!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report