Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Tools/Holders and ability to use them for all types of Turning CAM

Custom Tools/Holders and ability to use them for all types of Turning CAM

For simplicity sake I will be showing a pic of a few simple tools for examples. Fusion is lacking in the turning tools that we can use. Yes you can trick it for most tools but this is a PITA and does not help with simulation and crash detection. We greatly need the ability to model up tools and tool holders for Turning operations. Also the ability to unlock these tools to perform all operations if we so desire. Ive spent lots of time messing around frustrated not being able to make certain features easily. Id like to not have to set up the same tool several times to perform say a groove with my threading tool or to be able to turn with my threading tool if I so desire.

Please allow us to

#1 create custom turning tools and holders

#2 use any tool with any turning operation (the end user should already know the ramifications of making a mistake using this wrong)

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

1 Comment
sunderlandjoe
Enthusiast

Agreed, this needs to be possible. Especially when using antivibration bars that are odd shaped and many thousands of dollars.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report