Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

construction lines - seperate option in menu, infinite construction lines

construction lines - seperate option in menu, infinite construction lines

Hi,

i feel like something important is missing.

When drawing sketches, and specially when often using mirror option, we need construction lines.

Way that Fusion is using this features is little bit annoying.

You must choose line, go to menu and select construction line.

To be true in parametric drawing construction lines are important - but in fusion 360 it looks like here that they are not most important thing.

It would be nice to add separate option to construction lines. I saw that solidworks strongly operate on construction lines.

There also should be possibility to add infinite construction lines and specially horizontal and vertical.

So I'm asking, voting for:

•  separate option for creating construction lines (it can be in menu or shortcut, no matter)
  •  infinite construction lines
  •  lock selected construction line to be horizontal or vertical - when drawing new line.
6 Comments
smallfavor
Collaborator

This is one of the few features in sketchup that's very nice.  I've made such requests before.  good on you for it!

rayclark
Contributor

This is definitely one feature that would be very helpful. It becomes a pain having to first create a line and then having to respect that line and change it to a construction line. If you're only doing a couple it's not so bad, but when you use them a lot , it starts becoming a pain, and time consuming.

Would be great to be able to create a construction line from the get go like so many other cad programs allow.

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: オートデスク審査落選

Fully_Defined
Collaborator

Hey colin.smith, when are we going to get infinite lines?

windhjb
Explorer

I, too, miss the infinite construction line tool I use in ProE.  It has many uses beyond mirroring.

johann.krammer1
Community Visitor

As I can see several sketchup changers are asking for those infinite construction lines years back. Are they already available? I could not find such option

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report