Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collada or OBJ or FBX export with UV.. ANYTHING with UV's

Collada or OBJ or FBX export with UV.. ANYTHING with UV's

For the love of ....

Can you PLEASE add a mesh exporter for complete scenes that can carry over the UV info. Fusion already creates all this info when you build things in it, yet it's impossible to gain access to it outside of Fusion. If I put the objects into a renderer, or another 3d program like Max, Maya or anything else I have to completely remake all the UV's and it's driving me crazy. The UV's in Fusion make a perfect starting set for mapping and texturing outside and would save a massive amount of time making visualizations.

Look, it's all here! I could immediately go into just about any 3d program and get the mapping and texturing done in no time.

Please add a collada plugin, or something similar, .obj, I don't care, but for crying out loud, you are part of Autodesk. A little compatibility between programs would be really nice.

snip_20160520120105.png

4 Comments
cekuhnen
Mentor

I fully agree. In 2016 this should not be an issue and for the exporter should have been added a long time ago.

This is a defactor industry standard tool. Fusion only offers limited rendering ability with the internal app or you have to buy the overpriced Keyshot so you can render your NURBS stuff without much extra convert work.

Also it needs OBJ export right from the design.

This was only added for TS objects when in TS mode...

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Work has started on UVs in Fusion. First step is to make it easier to see/manipulate UV on surfaces in Fusion rendering.  Export will be secondary.  

cekuhnen
Mentor

That's super @colin.smith Colin - that will help better wood texturing in fusion a lot.

rob_leatham
Community Visitor

I need to import models from Fusion 360 to Apple's SceneKit for animation and real-time interactivity on iPad and real-time rendering. Having the ability to export in Collada (.dae) format would be wonderful. This will simplify workflow and workload. I will be able to use Fusion 360 more than other tools when this happens. Thanks for making Fusion 360 great.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report