Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Angle falloff material

Angle falloff material

This is my first post on IdeaStation and was advised by @colin.smith Community Manager.

In this thread I was asking about multicolor iridescent material (basically based on angle falloff map). Such materials are used commonly in car-paint shaders but I am rather interested in coated lens like material (used e.g. in modern sunglasses).

reflections-1568645_1280.jpg

Anyway it could be a simple two color angle based shader with adjustable transparency and reflectance. I believe It would help a lot in visualization coated lenses and other iridescent stuff.

I hope you like it and vote for having it built-in in next versions of Fusion 360!

7 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to do some optics for our products and would love to see iridescent materials/finishes, I think its related to what you are looking for?

BartsGarage
Contributor

Yes it is. I came up with this idea during working on some optics devices and I  was unable to exactly visualize front lens material, because original material changes between turquoise and purple. 

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: オートデスク今後検討

keqingsong
Community Manager

Thanks for you idea. We've captured this idea in our backlog. Our teams are currently focusing on some higher priority projects for rendering and materials, and we're not sure if we can get to this anytime soon. We'll let you know if things change. 

keqingsong
Community Manager
Status changed to: RUG-jp審査通過

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please, we really need it. 😃

patrick.c.obrien
Contributor

I agree this will be a great addition to the current materials and will enhance the overall output from the rendering module in Fusion360

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report