Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird shadow forms in sculpt environment

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
cyangaze
628 Views, 7 Replies

Weird shadow forms in sculpt environment

I tried making this shape in sculpt initially, but after issues getting smoother edges after creasing, I decided to make the sketch in the model environment first and then move to sculpt for more free editing.  However, when I change from model to sculpt, I get this weird shadow where the object is supposed to be instead of faces.  What am I doing wrong here?This is the object in sculptThis is the object in sculptThis is the originalThis is the original

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TrippyLighting
in reply to: cyangaze

Not suer about the shadow, but I did want to show thatches can also be one in the sculpt environment without having to resort to creasing and then filleting.

Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 10.39.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 10.39.28 AM.png

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
cyangaze
in reply to: TrippyLighting

@TrippyLighting wrote:

Not suer about the shadow, but I did want to show thatches can also be one in the sculpt environment without having to resort to creasing and then filleting.

Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 10.39.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 10.39.28 AM.png

Wow this is awesome!  What are thatches?  I couldn't find anything out about them.

Message 4 of 8
TrippyLighting
in reply to: cyangaze

@cyangaze wrote:

@TrippyLighting wrote:

What are thatches?  I couldn't find anything out about them.

Typo in combination with autocorrection. ! Replace  „Thatches“ with „that this“ 😉

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
cyangaze

Haha I see.  How did you achieve that if you don't mind me asking?

Message 6 of 8

Even if you DO mind me asking, show us anyway.

Message 7 of 8

How could I possibly resist that temptation 😉

Model is attached.

In general this is definitely more work than extruding a solid and applying fillets, but is it difficult to achieve that semi organic look with solid modeling techniques.

The screencast shows a Fusion 360 only workflow. If I am allows=ed to use another application alongside Fusion 360, Blender in this case, I can do this in a fraction of the time.

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
cyangaze

Wow amazing thanks!  Yes it's more work than I thought it would be.  Actually, coming from Blender myself, I can 100% identify with the lightening fast modeling tools it has.  Although now I can see some things in Fusion that I wish Blender had.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report