Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transparent acrylic rendering

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3448 Views, 6 Replies

Transparent acrylic rendering

Hi,

I am trying to render an acrylic cube but for some reasons, the result is not good.

I am attaching the render and my setup for material and environment.

As you can see there is a line in the render which I am not sure why! I tried to rotate it 90 degrees but the result was same.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.

Sasan

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 3.36.45 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-05 at 3.37.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-10-05 at 3.37.30 PM.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Oceanconcepts
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you talking about the reflections you see from your environment settings? 

- Ron

Mostly Mac- currently M1 MacBook Pro

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Oceanconcepts

I am not sure where is come from, but I tried with different environment and the result was same.

If you see there is a horizontal line on the right face of the cube; above is frosted and below is clear!

Any thought?!

Thank you,

Sasan

Message 4 of 7
TrippyLighting

NO natural object has perfectly flat faces with infinitely sharp corners. So allow an old guideline and bevel your edges or in other words put fillets on the object, or a chamfer and then a few micro fillets.

Also, don't use any of the studios environments in Fusion 360 for lighting. Use one of the sunny outdoor scenes, or indoor scene with lots of small, high power light sources.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: TrippyLighting

I have the same problem.

I have try the solution fillets every edges, but I still got this.1c82dc16-80be-41b8-8e24-65c0923b8ba3.PNG
can any one help me ?

thanks

Message 6 of 7
TrippyLighting

You did not read the second part of my answer, didn't you ?

That acrylic has to have a more interesting environment to reflect and refract something.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: TrippyLighting

I got it ! 
Thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report