Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structure topple simulation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
chien-chihyu
203 Views, 2 Replies

Structure topple simulation

01.png
This light pole is for indoor demonstration purpose, I plan to fix it on an aluminium frame, I wanna know if the size of the aluminium frame is big enough so the light pole won't topple.
Is there a good approach to simulate this design? I've tried Static Stress simulation and obviously it doesn't meet my requirement, however I don't know how can I do it with Dynamic event simulation, 
There is no external force, only gravity. The highlight part can be considered a ridged group
02.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hamid.sh.
in reply to: chien-chihyu

This doesn't really need simulation, and Fusion doesn't have the kind of simulation appropriate for toppling study. However, Fusion can tell you where the center of mass is for selected bodies (Inspect > Center of Mass). Then all you need is geometry; at the angle that weight's vector falls on the dashed line (drawn from CM to base's edge) your light pole becomes unstable:

topple.png

You may need to look into it for two base edges (e.g. along X and Y).

Hamid
Message 3 of 3

You could do this analysis in Autodesk Inventor Professional - Dynamic Simulation.

Students can get access to Autodesk Inventor Professional for free.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report