Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketching issue

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
487 Views, 13 Replies

Sketching issue

When I am sketching a green tick appears where I want to place my line. if i click it then the sketch ends. how do i turn this off?

Green tick issue.jpg

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

Would it be more efficient to do this as two sketch rectangles and then Mirror feature and Circular Pattern features?

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

There are many different ways of doing this, the green tick comes up a lot and is the main problem here. Im specifically asking about the green tick not how to draw the shape.

Message 4 of 14
g-andresen

Hi,

Where is the problem?

You only have to move the mouse wheel slightly.

green circle.gif

günther

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: g-andresen

The problem is I want to end the line where the green circle is, not a little to the left or right. Why is the green circle even there? if i want to end the line I will end it, why is it popping up where I am busy drawing? Is there an answer to my original question?

Message 6 of 14
g-andresen

Hi,

The green circle is not representative of a value, but only a button whose size depends on the displayed zoom factor.

greencircle2.gif

günther

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: g-andresen

I dont see a reason for it being there, zooming in and out the whole time is tedious. I really appreciate the explanations and ways to get around the green tick but I am asking if there is a way to remove it? 

Is there a way to remove it or not?

Message 8 of 14
HughesTooling

Yes I'd like to disable it as well and there have been plenty of complaints. Seem to remember even @jeff_strater agreed it's more trouble than it's worth in a previous post.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: HughesTooling

Hi,

If you are having the same problem, please upvote the suggestion I have made or direct me to one I can upvote.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-ideastation/preference-option-addition/idi-p/8493685

Message 10 of 14
TrippyLighting

@Anonymous wrote:

There are many different ways of doing this ...

That's true, but you seem to have picked one of the few wrong ways to do this. Not sure why you feel you have to have an attitude when theres someone trying to help you. 

EESignature

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: TrippyLighting

@TrippyLighting wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There are many different ways of doing this ...

That's true, but you seem to have picked one of the few wrong ways to do this. Not sure why you feel you have to have an attitude when theres someone trying to help you. 

If you read further down I do thank everyone for their input, I am not unappreciative of the help from the community but I posed a question that no one was answering. I highlighted the question I asked without being rude. My question had nothing to do with the way i was constructing my component and therefore the response, while informative, did not answer my question.

Message 12 of 14
TheCADWhisperer

@Anonymous wrote:

Im specifically asking about the green tick not how to draw the shape.

I know that this does not answer your specific question, but I assume that it addresses an underlying fundamental issue of, "How to optimize modeling techniques."

Turn on your sound.

Message 13 of 14

Message 14 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Thanks, I will keep this in mind when sketching.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report