Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help flat pattern DXF export!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mail3F72B
760 Views, 6 Replies

Need help flat pattern DXF export!

Hello folks,

I'm trying to export this file: https://a360.co/2pGKay9 as a flat pattern. But every time I get this unexpected error message. I fixed the SVG and there ain't a warning review in my timeline. So I'm wondering what the error message means. Hope somebody can help me out!

Cheers,

Rink

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

The error message is: Error: There was an unexpected problem with exporting the flat pattern as a DXF file.

Message 3 of 7

I'm not using this environment often, so I just can play around. If I scroll back in history one step, everything works find. So the problem must be related to the cutouts. 

Message 4 of 7
mail3F72B
in reply to: mail3F72B

So, I made another test file with a much more simple SVG. Turns out Fusion can't handle SVG extrude cuts in a sheetmetal body. Anyone that knows a short term solution?  Got to deliver this project!

Happy Easter!

Message 5 of 7
TheCADWhisperer

Can you File>Export and then Attach a *.3d file here that exhibits this behavior?

How do you propose to manufacture these features (representative sample - I did not check all).

AnomaliesAnomalies

Message 6 of 7
TheCADWhisperer

This entire design can be done much more easily.

Only one (contoured) Flange needed.

Extrude 1,2, 3 and 4 not needed.

Flange 2 and 3 not needed.

No Moves needed.

There is a much much much easier technique for placing the Holes (as one feature) that is easier to edit to boot.

Message 7 of 7
Rohan.bongale

Thank you for submitting your query. This is reproducible at my end.

I have logged a bug FUS-39272 to track the progress

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report