Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 - Disc with Sloped Curved Top Face

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
the.nick.aspros
1041 Views, 29 Replies

Fusion 360 - Disc with Sloped Curved Top Face

Hi.

Need some help with creating a Sloped but Curved on the Top Face of a Disc shaped object. I've only got as far as making a Disc by sketching a circle and extruding it. I'm trying work out, not very successfully, how to slope the top face from one edge to the other. One direction is Curved but the other is flat. 

One edge is 3.34mm in Height and the other is 2.85mm. The curve goes from Edge to Edge.

I've uploaded some pics and the file. These discs will vary in height from edge to edge as they will follow holes in a Pedal Pad curve.

Thank You in advance for helping.

20220831_212554.jpg20220831_202357.jpg20220831_202327.jpg

29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30

@TrippyLighting  @davebYYPCU  @TheCADWhisperer 

What kind of silicone? Selleys All Clear?   https://www.selleys.com.au/products/sealants/ 

The stems width would have to increase then wouldn't it but by how much and how in Fusion? I measured the bottom hole at 6.39mm. Can the stems width be increased by .02mm and How? Not the end point though.

Pad Button.jpg

Push in Button.JPG

Message 22 of 30

@davebYYPCU 

Sent you a PM.

Message 23 of 30

Read that.

Sketch 3 has used the hole in the pedal, to get the purple line.

Edit the counter bore hole in the pedal, to the new value, 

will fix the pin diameter, but the chamfer part of the sketch, will adjust, as that top face is dimensioned from the purple line and needs to be changed to dimension off the centre line, first!

Might help....

Message 24 of 30

@davebYYPCU 

Which part or feature of the timeline needs editing first and does each hole need to be changed? 

I don't know what I'm looking for or doing.

Message 25 of 30

If that's what you want to do, because the last step will move the vertical purple line, and if you want to keep the 1mm dimension? then no change in sketch 3 will be needed.

Optional - 2 changes in sketch 3, 

Delete the 1mm dimension, then   

Replace it with the 4.195,

dtofdb.PNG

Edit this hole feature, change the 6.39 to xxxx.

dtof2db.PNG

All done.

Might help.....

Message 26 of 30

@davebYYPCU 

I'm still not sure how to change the dimension of the line your referring too but I did manage to change the width to 6.41mm. I made a video and posted it to Youtube unlisted before I made the change. 

How do I delete the 1mm and change it to your dimension? When I show dimension it shows 4.205mm not 4.195mm.

Edit: I know the is not correct but I changed 1.00mm to 0.99mm to get 4.195mm. I'll upload the file for you to look at.

https://youtu.be/gTEJkkHGp5s 

Hole Dim.JPGHole Dim 2.JPG

Message 27 of 30

Yep, hole was fixed in the correct manner.

We are talking about not changing the pointed section, 

because the purple line has now moved ( by not much ) the 1mm dimension has gone with it.  I would not fuss, myself, but you did say do not change the pointy bit.

Might help.....

Message 28 of 30

@davebYYPCU 

Ready to print now? 

Can I just hide the Pedal body and Export as .stl? 

Message 29 of 30

Yes, I think so....

Message 30 of 30

I had these "Plugs" printed in TPU as PETG or PLA was brittle and the stem would snap. 

20220921_123030.jpg

20221006_135616.jpg

Thanks to everyone for their assistance and especially @davebYYPCU for the design and file. Much appreciated!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report